In the state of Virginia, a normal speeding ticket will cost about $6.00 for every mile driven while speeding over the speed limit, along with court costs, which are typically around $50.00. These are just simple facts, however, people don’t realize that a ticket will eventually cost a lot more than they originally thought in general. By getting a speeding ticket, the cost of insurance for the driver will increase at a certain rate per year that will last for three years.
The increase in the insurance cost rate will vary depending on the city from which the insurance is issued or where the convicted person drives.
Since the issued ticket costs $6.00 per mile driven over the speed limit, people tend to think that exceeding the speed limit will not cost that much and therefore sometimes take a risk and drive over the speed limit. speed limit. The side of speed tickets that people worry about is when it comes to insurance. Due to the evidence that shows that the driver is sometimes reckless as they get speeding tickets, the insurance companies increase the rate of the cost of the driver’s insurance so that the driver does not take advantage of their insurance and make the drivers be more reluctant to overcome. The speed limit to make roads safer.
The average increase in insurance costs due to speeding tickets is around $65.00 per year for three years. The increase depends on the city, as some pay $50.00 more, while others pay $80.00 more. The average value of $65.00 per year is about a 7% increase in auto insurance per year.
The rate of increase in car insurance depends on the city in which the insurance is issued and therefore the following is a list of some cities in Virginia along with the increase in insurance payment per year after receiving a speeding ticket for each city mentioned:
- Richmond citizens get auto insurance that will increase by $81.85 per year if they receive a speeding ticket;
- Colonial Heights citizens get a $72.88 per year increase in their car insurance if they receive a speeding ticket;
- Manassas citizens get their auto insurance increased by $69.02 per year if they receive a speeding ticket;
- Citizens of Vienna get car insurance that will increase by $67.15 per year if they get a speeding ticket;
- Culpeper citizens get their car insurance increased by $65.09 per year if they receive a speeding ticket;
- Radford citizens get a $62.16 per year increase in their auto insurance if they receive a speeding ticket; Y
- Danville citizens get car insurance that will increase by $61.92 per year if they receive a speeding ticket.
In general, a speeding ticket in Virginia will cost more than the rate requested with the ticket, as insurance companies increase the cost of insurance for people who get speeding tickets so people don’t take advantage of the speeding ticket. companies insurance.
If you need a Virginia Speeding Tickets attorney to help you with your Virginia Speeding Tickets case, call us at 888-437-7747. Our Virginia Speeding Tickets attorneys can help. C