Let’s stop Agonizing! our Divorce Lawyers are here!
Ending a marital relationship is a excruciating task and sometimes the proposition itself can be agonizing. As Divorce Lawyers in Cherry Hill NJ, we have witnessed numerous families fighting for their rights, making decisions for the sake of their children, and breaking off from toxic relationships. In all of such situations, there was one thing in common – individuals who were directly involved in the case felt burdened and distressed to a great extent.
At the Law Offices of SRIS, P.C., the Divorce Lawyers in Cherry Hill NJ take extreme care in offering the highest quality of legal representation. We ensure that all-important elements, like partition of property, alimony, custody, etc., are taken care of, leaving no room for confusion. Besides legally representing during the tasking procedures, our Divorce Lawyers in Cherry Hill NJ also pay attention to keeping you stress-free.
Filing a Complaint – Get Help from Lawyers in Cherry Hill NJ
The very first step towards breaking off from a painful relationship is filing for dissolution. You could either do it by yourself or seek help from our Divorce Lawyers in Cherry Hill NJ to fill it in on your behalf. Most often, an order is granted within 12 months from the date of filing of divorce. There are just a few exceptions like high asset divisions, child custody, and alimony, that may prolong the process by a few more months. You must fill in the right details to avoid getting your dissolution petition rejected owing to the wrong data. Hire our Divorce Lawyers in Cherry Hill NJ to ensure the initial filing is done duly. We have handled numerous dissolution cases and we know how important it is to get the filing of papers right.
In addition to specifying relevant grounds, Divorce Lawyers in Cherry Hill NJ suggest to ensure that all filing requirements are met:
- According to Lawyers in Cherry Hill NJ, the first criterion is to meet the state’s residency requirement. A minimum six-month stay is mandatory before filing a petition in the local court. If not catering to this prerequisite, ask our Divorce Lawyers in Cherry Hill NJ for help. We will help you with alternate solutions.
- You must establish a separation period of 6 -12 months before filing the dissolution. There are few exceptions where the partners cannot leave their marital house owing to financial dependency, etc. In such cases, the court will allow for an in-house separation. Discuss with Divorce Lawyers in Cherry Hill NJ to grasp the separation prerequisites.
- When filing for a No-Fault Dissolution, you must prove your relationship to have suffered from irreconcilable differences and the chances of getting back together are negligible. As seasoned Divorce Lawyers in Cherry Hill NJ with over 20 years of practice, we know how to present no-fault grounds in a highly convincing manner.
- Lastly, when you file for a Fault Dissolution, you must present a very strong ground for Dissolution. Our Divorce Lawyers in Cherry Hill NJ have put together a few Fault-Grounds that are considered valid in court are: Adultery, Intentional Desertion for a minimum of 12 months, Domestic violence and Mental abuse and Drug Addiction and incarceration (for an indefinite period).
To know the types of documents to be included in the Complaint of Divorce, talk to our Lawyers in Cherry Hill NJ.
Steps To Be Taken After Filing a Divorce
Once the petition is filed, you need to take a series of actions to be granted dissolution in New Jersey. Make sure that you have our Divorce Lawyers in Cherry Hill NJ by your side to represent you legally during all the procedures.
However severe your family dispute may be, our Divorce Lawyers in Cherry Hill NJ has the expertise to deliver the highest possible legal assistance.
- Appearance and Counterclaim
The spouse that is served with the petition will be referred to as the defendant. Now the defendant has to either make an appearance as mentioned in the papers or make a counterclaim to contest the dissolution. In either of these situations, you will need the guidance of our Divorce Lawyers in Cherry Hill NJ. Only extremely knowledgeable Divorce Lawyers in Cherry Hill NJ, such as the ones at The Law Offices of SRIS, P.C., will be able to recommend whether contesting dissolution would be better or not.
- Filing a Case Information Statement
Each party will have to file a Case Information Statement, commonly referred to as the CIS. The CIS will document all the financial information about the spouses involved. You can download and fill this CIS form from the New Jersey Divorce page or can ask our Divorce Lawyers in Cherry Hill NJ to handle it on your behalf.
- Early Settlement Panel
Either before the filing of the dissolution petition or once the paper is being served, both the parties can choose to reach a mutual agreement. Our Divorce Lawyers in Cherry Hill NJ will help arrange for an Early Settlement Panel where you can openly discuss all the legal issues. You will be presented with solutions to resolve those issues and it is up to you whether you want to accept the recommendations or not. A dissolution decree will be granted if you mutually agree with the recommendations presented, if not, our Divorce Lawyers in Cherry Hill NJ will help arrange for economic mediation.
Partners who haven’t been able to come to mutual terms will be asked to participate in Economic Mediation. Our Divorce Lawyers in Cherry Hill NJ will arrange for the parties to meet up outside the court to negotiate over matters about alimony, assets, and properties. It would be appropriate to carry out the negotiations in the presence of our Divorce Lawyers in Cherry Hill NJ. This way you can rest assured that you get to settle down for what is most appropriate for you and your children (if any).
Just before a case is taken to trial, you will be presented with a final chance to settle through an Intensive Settlement Conference. But if this attempt, too, fails, our Divorce Lawyers in Cherry Hill NJ will suggest you go to trial. After the completion of the trial, you will be granted a decree. A court trial shouldn’t scare you off. Hire our Divorce Lawyers in Cherry Hill NJ and we will help represent in the best way possible.
No matter the nature of your decision, our Divorce Lawyers in Cherry Hill NJ will help navigate through the complexities associated with each step. Touch base with our Divorce Lawyers in Cherry Hill NJ today and we will be more than just willing to cater to your legal needs.
Contact our Lawyers in Cherry Hill NJ Today!
By now, you may be aware that Family Law Proceedings can be extremely lengthy and daunting. Our Lawyers in Cherry Hill NJ can help avoid the tension associated during and post-divorce. At The Law Offices of SRIS, P.C., our Divorce Lawyers in Cherry Hill NJ have more than 2 decades of experience in the field and we know what would suit you best. So, do not hesitate any further and contact our Divorce Lawyers in Cherry Hill NJ for a quick consultation!