DUI lawyer Amelia Virginia
Road safety of the citizens is the primary responsibility of any state, and traffic laws in Virginia are no exception. In Virginia, any violation of the law could lead to a fine or even land you in jail. Despite strict laws in place and regular amendments, the state government often witnesses traffic violations. Some commonly registered traffic infractions include speeding, jumping the signal, reckless driving, drunken driving, racing, lane changing, etc. This article solely focuses on DUI violations, penalties, and defenses. Read on for more information.
Laws governing drunken driving
Driving under the influence of intoxicants is prohibited in Virginia. The intoxicants can be alcohol, narcotics, or overdosed medicinal drugs. Any substance that affects the ability of a driver to act or think right is an intoxicant. Drivers stopped for drunken driving undergo strict legal scrutiny by the authorities. Unfortunately, not all drivers are aware of their rights and privileges. When you lack legal knowledge, it becomes tough to face a legal challenge. The assistance of an experienced law firm like the Law Office of SRIS, P.C. can help save your reputation. Our DUI lawyer Amelia, VA, has always been skilled and maintains utmost confidentiality when defending their clients. When you decide to work with us, you can put uncertainty to rest.
The following are some of the most critical dimensions of the Virginian DUI law.”
- A driver with a blood alcohol concentration equal to or greater than 0.08% is recognized guilty of drunken driving.
- If the driver is inebriated to the extent that it affects their driving ability, they are deemed to be at fault for driving under the influence of intoxicants.
- Individuals proven of driving under the influence of alcohol or consuming high doses of illegal or medically prescribed drugs are liable to strict legal action on the grounds of intoxicated driving.
- The state can punish minors caught driving under the influence of intoxicants regardless of whether their blood alcohol contents are above or below the recognized limits. Our DUI lawyer Amelia, VA, has adequate knowledge of this ‘zero tolerance law.’ Call our DUI lawyer Amelia, VA, today. We have handled under-aged DUI cases too.
- Our DUI lawyer Amelia, VA, is aware that it is illegal to deny Breathalyzer tests when the traffic authorities ask for one. Refusals that are unreasonable and baseless would only increase suspicion. It becomes a ground for further accusations in the future.
- Our DUI lawyer Amelia, VA, is aware of the role played by the Department of Motor Vehicles in penalizing the convicted driver. All defendants, proven guilty of drunken driving, are expected to face driving license suspensions for a definite period.
All about the zero tolerance law of Virginia
Our DUI lawyer Amelia, VA, is mindful of the law that prosecutes minors caught driving while being inebriated by alcohol or drugs. This law lists down provisions using which under-aged drivers are tried and punished in Virginia. Our DUI lawyer Amelia, VA, would jot down three vital differences between this zero-tolerance law and the regular DUI law of Virginia.
The differences include the following:
- The zero tolerance law is only applicable to under-aged individuals, or in specific, to individuals below the age of 21 who drink and drive. The state would not adhere to this law while dealing with perpetrators above the age of 21.
- This law explicitly recognizes a permissible blood alcohol limit of 0.02% for minors. But in most cases, minors with non-zero blood alcohol contents are considered guilty of drinking and driving.
- The punishments for under-aged DUI offenders include a fine of $500, driving license revocation, and enrollment into a probation program or community service for a definite period.
What to do after a DUI arrest?
Our DUI lawyer, Amelia, VA, knows that DUI arrests are as severe as other regular arrests. The behavior and attitude of the transgressor can affect final judgments.
Thus, our DUI lawyer Amelia, VA, would advise people to avoid the following mistakes after being arrested for drunken driving in Amelia.
- It is wise to interact with the police with the hired DUI lawyer Amelia, VA.
- Any DUI lawyer Amelia, VA, would advise all pulled-over drivers never to deny going through Breathalyzer tests.
- It is only right to treat DUI allegations seriously like any other felonious crime since the former can also result in life-altering repercussions.
It is beneficial for DUI perpetrators to contact a DUI lawyer Amelia, VA, as soon as a law enforcement officer stops them. The Virginian Department of Motor Vehicles also recommends working with a DUI lawyer Amelia, VA, while facing drunken driving charges. Repeat offenders should not think twice or hesitate to seek assistance from a DUI lawyer Amelia, VA. Only our experienced DUI lawyer Amelia, VA, fully understands the nature, seriousness, and potential consequences of a DUI allegation.
Our skilled DUI lawyer Amelia, VA, knows what type of defense work for a DUI accusation in court. A competent DUI lawyer, Amelia, VA, must support individuals who are genuinely guilty of intoxicated driving and are eventually looking to reduce their penalties to the extent their license is saved and demerit points limited. Therefore, it is wise to visit our DUI lawyer Amelia, VA, at least once for essential legal consultations before proceeding with self-representations. Meet our DUI lawyer Amelia, VA, today to learn in detail about the incurred DUI charge.
The defense techniques to contest DUI charges
Our DUI lawyer Amelia, VA, would use all legal provisions to defend the offenders. In cases the defendant is guilty of inebriated driving, our DUI lawyer Amelia, VA, would look to draft a plea deal for the alleged driver to reduce the penalties.
But in cases wherein the arrest is unlawful, our DUI lawyer Amelia, VA, would take the initiatives to challenge and contest the detention. Remember, no one defense fits all. Each case is unique and needs customized solutions. The right defense strategy is personalized for every DUI lawsuit. Therefore, hiring a DUI lawyer Amelia, VA, from the Law Offices of SRIS, P.C., is always advantageous for building a solid defense against DUI charges.