There is always a temptation to drive after having a couple of drinks. However, remember that the consequences of driving under the influence is much worse than you could have anticipated. In situations where you expect your BAC to be more than the permitted levels, the right thing is to either engage a designated driver or hire a cab. When apprehended by a law enforcement officer for DUI, contact a DUI Lawyer Nottoway, VA, immediately. This unfortunate situation can be nerve-wracking; therefore, get in touch with our DUI Lawyer Nottoway, VA, at the Law Offices of SRIS, P.C., before things get out of hand. Our lawyer, with a good track record, can handle your DUI / DWI case to give you the possibility to get the best result. Contact us now for a positive outcome!
DUI Lawyer Nottoway, VA, explains the definition of the offense
You should be aware that a driving under the influence charge means having a BAC of more than .08. However, it doesn’t end there! The Virginia Code section stipulates that if a person’s BAC level is less than .05, they are not presumed to be under the influence. And if the BAC is in between .05 and . 08, it doesn’t establish or refute the offense, but the prosecution can use it as evidence. According to Virginia law, this law is applicable for alcohol, drugs, or a combination of both. You must understand that the court can determine your offense that is detrimental to your social life. To ensure that you safely get acquitted of all the charges against you, you must immediately contact a DUI Lawyer Nottoway, VA.
DUI Lawyer Nottoway, VA, on the penalties
Being accused of driving under the influence charge can have a significant impact on your life. Let us check out the consequences of the offense in detail here:
- A person accused for the first time will face a misdemeanor charge. This means the penalty can be a prison term of up to 12 months and/or a fine between $250 and $2500. the penalties will increase significantly with each offense.
- A person accused for the second time will face a jail term ranging from one month to one year. The minimum fine will be $500 with a mandatory 10-day jail sentence.
- A person accused for the third time within ten years will face a class 6 felony charge. The jail term, in this case, will be up to 5 years, a mandatory minimum 90-day jail term, and a minimum fine of $1,000.
- A person accused for the fourth time within ten years will face the same punishment as in the third-time offense, but the minimum prison term will go up by one year. With the implication increasing each time the offense is committed, it is essential to contact an accomplished DUI Lawyer Nottoway, VA, to handle the case.
You will also need the guidance of a DUI Lawyer Nottoway, VA, in the following situations that can increase the strictness of the consequences:
- When a person has committed several offenses within five years and not ten years
- When a person has a BAC of more than 0.15
- When a person has a BAC of more than .20
- When a person is involved in an accident that has caused death or grievous injury to another
These situations call for an accomplished and experienced DUI Lawyer Nottoway, VA, to handle the case. Besides these consequences, the DUI Lawyer Nottoway, VA, can also work out a solution to ensure that your driving is not revoked or suspended by coming up with a suitable and robust defense.
Defenses that DUI Lawyer Nottoway, VA, can come up with
An experienced DUI Lawyer Nottoway, VA, can come up with several defenses depending on the facts and circumstances of the case. A DUI Lawyer Nottoway, VA, will work for your acquittal or dismissal of the case, and most of their defenses will be based on this aspect. Talk to your DUI Lawyer Nottoway, VA, and discuss the issue to ensure your attorney builds a strong defense.
Qualifications your DUI Lawyer Nottoway, VA, must have
A DUI Lawyer Nottoway, VA, must have the following standard qualifications:
- DUI Lawyer Nottoway, VA, must be a member of the National College for DUI Defense or the DUI Defense Lawyers Association
- DUI Lawyer Nottoway, VA, must have had Training / Certification in the administration of Standardized Field SobrietyTests
- DUI Lawyer Nottoway, VA, must have had Training / Certification on the use of Police Traffic RADAR / LIDAR
- DUI Lawyer Nottoway, VA, must have had Training / Certification on the breath test machine used in the case – in Virginia, this is the ECIR II made by Intoximeters, Inc.
- DUI Lawyer Nottoway, VA, must have established success in winning DUI / DWI cases at trial.
- DUI Lawyer Nottoway, VA, must be recognized in the field of DUI / DWI Defense
What are the two critical pieces of evidence?
DUI Lawyer Nottoway, VA, will tell you that there are two critical pieces of evidence, which are:
- Field sobriety test
- Scientific evidence, which is the result of the breath or blood alcohol analysis
With a lot at stake, it is vital to contact the DUI Lawyer Nottoway, VA. At the Law Offices of SRIS, P.C., our DUI Lawyer Nottoway, VA has extensive, specialized education and training in the subject. Therefore, dealing with your case is simple and easy for us. We have a complete perceptive of the tools and procedures followed by the police which makes us the right choice to deal with the case. We understand that more than knowing the law is needed; dealing with a case requires a lot more expertise and experience. With our DUI Lawyer Nottoway, VA handling several driving under the influence cases, it has helped gain expertise and deal with proper defense strategies. Get in touch with our attorney now, and we can do all that is possible to get a dismissal or acquittal!