ROLE OF DUI LAWYER WINCHESTER VA
Driving Under Influence, often referred to as DUI, is an offense of operating a motor vehicle, when under the complete influence of substance abuse like alcohol or drugs. Being intoxicated while driving can impair the person from driving the vehicle safely and can lead to serious consequences like fatal accidents. DUI Lawyer Winchester VA explains that if an individual is booked under drunken driving charges, then almost every aspect of his/her life is affected. Be it job, relationship, financial stability, everything is at stake when you are charged with a criminal offense. At the Law Offices of SRIS, P.C., with our hands-on experience in drunken driving cases, can provide you with the best solution.
DUI Lawyer Winchester in Virginia
There are 3 levels of DUI charges; and the Lawyers in Winchester VA state that, it is crucial that everyone is aware of these charges:
- Misdemeanor: A person is booked under misdemeanor if their BAC level is at 0.08. DUI Lawyer Winchester VA explains that if such individuals fail to have a sober person operate for them, they will be filed under a misdemeanor charge.
- Felonies: DUI Lawyer Winchester VA explains it would be a felony if the BAC is at 0.08 and the case involves death or injury due to an accident.
- Infraction: DUI Lawyer Winchester VA states that this is a less severe type of charge, where the individual involved records a BAC of 0.05 or lower.
Now that you have understood the levels of the charges, you need to understand the penalties involved in the case.
- First Offense – DUI Lawyer Winchester VA explains that a first-time offense is eligible to be sentenced to 6 months of jail, a fine of $250-$2500, and suspension of driving license for a period of 6 months or 1 year based on the severity.
- Second Offense – A person may have to face a jail sentence of a maximum of 1 year, a fine of $500 – $2500, and a driving license suspension of 3 years. DUI Lawyer Winchester VA states that the severity of the punishment depends upon the seriousness of the offense as well.
- Third Offense – If a person is booked for a 3rd offense, then he/she can be sentenced to jail for 3-5 years jail sentence, a fine of $1000 to $2500, and an indefinite suspension of a drivers license. DUI Lawyer Winchester VA explains that if homicide is involved, then even a jail sentence of 12 years is imposed on the convict.
Why Should You Hire a DUI Lawyer in Winchester VA?
Once you are arrested on drunken driving charges, then the prosecution will make every possible effort to prove you guilty. If you fail to respond in time by hiring a skilled DUI Lawyer in Winchester VA, then there are chances you would lose the case and be subjected to facing the penalties. Only a highly experienced DUI Lawyer in Winchester VA will know how to deal with and defend complex drunken driving charges.
Now you may wonder how a DUI Lawyer Winchester VA would help you reverse the charges when the BAC is at 0.08. A skilled DUI Lawyer Winchester VA will thoroughly investigate your case and will try finding the smallest loophole to tear apart the prosecution’s case. Even a small reason like, “Invalid Stop Traffic” can help your DUI Lawyer Winchester VA win the case for you.
Still, wondering whether to hire a DUI Lawyer in Winchester VA or not? Then take a look at some of the advantages of hiring a DUI Lawyer Winchester VA:
- Preserve all Legal Evidence
In serious cases, the jurisdiction will ask for video evidence or BAC test result. An experienced DUI Lawyer in Winchester VA will know the importance of minute pieces of evidence and make sure that they are protected and intact until the case is resolved.
- Ease of Mind
When you are charged with a criminal offense, it is obvious that you would be facing stress and will have difficulty staying composed while facing the legal procedures. In such situations, you may miss out on various details that could have helped you reverse the charges made on you. If you hire a good DUI Lawyer in Winchester VA, you can rest assured that the case will be well taken care of.
- Thorough Investigation
Many innocent people get dragged to court for an offense they never committed. A highly skilled DUI Lawyer Winchester VA will not just trust the police records but will go to the extent of personally investigating the matter. They will take note of every detail like the behavior of cops during the arrest, whether they stopped you for a valid reason or not, etc.
- Avoid Criminal Record
Most cases lead to getting your name listed in the book of criminal records. This will not only affect your professional life but will also affect your peace of mind to a great extent. Hiring a DUI Lawyer in Winchester VA will prove best in this case, since they will try their very best to avoid your name from getting listed in the criminal records.
- Prevent Cancellation of Driving License
An experienced DUI Lawyer in Winchester VA will look for ways to minimize punishments and prevent cancellation of driving license. Even if you are convicted of the offense, a highly skilled DUI Lawyer Winchester VA will try every means to help you keep your driving license.
- Advice and Seek Special Advice
When you are facing a conviction, you will be required to face a lot of legal procedures. So, you will need legal advice from a DUI Lawyer Winchester VA, who is highly skilled in dealing with such cases.
Sometimes, the idea of contacting a DUI Lawyer in Winchester VA dawns upon a person only after he/she is imprisoned. But by that time, most of the important evidence may go missing. Hence, it is crucial that you contact the Law Offices of SRIS, P.C. as soon as you are charged with a criminal offense. The lawyers investigate the case and verify the evidence thoroughly to put up a strong defense in your case.