A skilled criminal lawyer can help you try and avoid a criminal conviction. Keep in mind you do not need to hire the first Fairfax criminal lawyer you meet. The best thing you can do for yourself is hire a criminal lawyer in VA that you trust and can count on to defend you. Get in touch with us if you’re in need of a skilled Fairfax Criminal Lawyer.
What to Ask a Lawyer When Facing a Criminal Charge in Fairfax, VA:
- First, make sure you give your Defense Attorney copies of all your criminal charges.
- Tell your attorney in Fairfax, VA what really happened. Remember, your counsel is not a mind reader. The best a Criminal Lawyer can do when advising you initially is rely on what you are telling him. Therefore, it is critical you tell your legal advocate the complete truth.
- Once your attorney in Fairfax, VA meets with you and gathers information from you, your counsel will file for discovery, file any motions that are relevant to your case and decide what the best strategy to use to defend you.
- Prior to going to trial, your defense counsel lawyer will advise you if he thinks it is in your best interest to have a bench trial or a jury trial.
- Keep in mind, ultimately, it is up to you to decide what is best for you and therefore, ask you defense lawyer in Fairfax, VA all the questions you want about your case and make sure your attorney really does his best to give you the answers you need.
At the Fairfax General District Court, the court will hear misdemeanors and preliminary hearings for criminal cases. In the Fairfax Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court, the court hears juvenile criminal cases, adult sex crimes involving juveniles and domestic violence cases.
Make sure the Fairfax Defense Lawyer will do his best to really fight for you so that you get the best outcome possible – whether that is via plea bargain or trial. Your counsel should consider every single option available to you under the law. Understand that it is your life, your future, your job, your security clearance or immigration status that is at stake, so do not allow yourself to be short-changed. At the same time, you need to understand that quality defense does not come cheap. You get what you pay for.
Your lawyer has the ability to try and prevent a conviction. A conviction will impact your reputation and may impact your job. A conviction can follow you for the remainder of your life. A conviction could even impact your admittance to a college or university. If you’re not a U.S. citizen, certain convictions could lead to deportation. Also, a conviction can result in the loss of your security clearance.
Whether you believe a plea deal or you wish to fight the charges, speaking to a skilled Fairfax defense lawyer can help you understand your options and rights.
Remember, not every Fairfax Criminal Lawyer is reliable. It is vital that your lawyer inform you of the criminal justice procedure and what things to anticipate. Although an attorney can provide insight on the choice that is best to take based on his experience dealing with your type of charge, the decision will be yours ultimately as to whether to accept a plea bargain or go to trial.
In the event, you are convicted, a defense attorney in Fairfax, VA is able to aid in lowering your sentence if one is imposed. Your defense lawyer will look at mitigating factors that apply to your case and will advocate as to why a certain sentence should be imposed.
If you are facing a federal criminal charge that stems from a violation in Fairfax the Law Offices Of SRIS, P.C. has VA federal criminal attorneys who can defend you in Federal Court.
Depending on the facts of your case, your Fairfax Criminal Lawyer may advise you that he needs the help of private investigators, paralegals, litigation consultants, and other experts to help prepare your defense. Your criminal lawyer in Fairfax, VA can help you if there’s a warrant for your arrest if you are under investigation by law enforcement, or the police want to interview you as part of their investigation.