Fairfax Reckless Driving Lawyer Reckless Driving Fairfax Attorney
- Posted by admin
- 0 Comment(s)
There is every chance that you could be charged for driving in a reckless manner in Fairfax city in Virginia. Notwithstanding being cautious, when held for driving in a reckless manner, firms like the Law Offices of SRIS, P.C. can act the hero. In this way, don’t sit around idly and contact us right away.
In Fairfax, driving in a reckless manner is a serious offense because the conviction cannot be expunged and the accused may have to live with the record for life. Only those with charges dropped or dismissed are eligible for expungement. There is a six-demerit point for violating the reckless driving law in Fairfax and it remains on the record for 11 years. The driver has to face the risk of license revocation or placed on probation. If the accused is a minor, the suspension or probation is automatic. Further, those found guilty earlier may face harsh treatment from the police even in case of a simple traffic infraction, not to mention the judges will be harsher.
Despite the harsh sentencing, a professional legal counsel dealing with driving in a reckless way in the city of Fairfax safeguard the accused from harsh punishments. A legal counsel practicing in Fairfax city can come up with a good number of defenses and alternatives to sentencing.
Sentencing for rash motoring in the city of Fairfax
The intricate scope of driving in a reckless way offense in the city of Fairfax can be determined by the 14 different ways of convictions and some of them could be less dangerous non-reckless forms. It may be mentioned that no two drivers with the same mistake will be charged with the same crime. When you are charged for an offense concerning driving in a reckless way in the city of Fairfax, it is determined by the facts and circumstances of each case. A person driving above 80 miles in a 60-mile zone may be given just a traffic ticket, while a driver overtaking an educational institute bus may be accused of driving in a reckless manner ticket in the city of Fairfax.
It is the law enforcing officer who decides whether to give a traffic ticket or driving in a reckless manner ticket in Fairfax. It all depends on the situation and the departments in question. Some departments have specific rules on when to and when not to issue summon for driving in a reckless way in the city of Fairfax.
Who is sentenced for driving in a reckless way in VA?
- Those motoring 20 mph more than the prescribed limit or over 80 mph can be convicted for driving in a reckless way in the city of Fairfax.
- Not just accelerating at high speed, under speeding can also attract charges, particularly if the roads aren’t safe for that particular speed in Fairfax.
- Driving in such a way that puts the life and assets of anyone in jeopardy on a public road could also account for motoring in a reckless way in Fairfax. The sections dealing with reckless driving prevent perilous motoring like taking the wrong side on a one-way road, sleeping behind the wheel, etc.
- The driving in reckless manner laws in the city of Fairfax also cover private property when it puts the body, life, or property of anyone in jeopardy. But the private property here refers to those open to public or under-construction roads, for instance, parking lots.
- Drivers need to be aware that passing an educational institute bus could amount to driving in a reckless manner in Fairfax. The motorist must wait till the bus is loaded or unloaded and starts moving. The rule may be overlooked when a physical barrier is placed to separate the bus lane from the rest of the road.
- What happens when the vehicle is out of control or when defective brakes cause an accident? Remember it is a defense used by most driving in a reckless way Fairfax lawyer to defend the case.
- Passengers obstructing the front or side view of the driver causing inconvenience while motoring could lead to driving in a reckless way charges in the city of Fairfax.
- Overtaking on a curve or where the traffic view is blocked can lead to driving in a reckless manner charge in Fairfax.
- Passing in between two vehicles simultaneously on lanes with traffic coming in each direction can lead to driving in a reckless manner charge in the city of Fairfax.
- Drivers of 2 automobiles moving in the same lane or one vehicle passing another without leaving their original lane is an offense that will ensure in driving reckless charges in the city of Fairfax.
- The motorist should give proper signal while slowing down, turning, or stopping; if not, it would amount to driving in a reckless way in the city of Fairfax. The signal should be given for 50 feet continuously if the speed restriction is mentioned 35 mph or even less.
- The motorist must give a yield sign before going towards the highway from a side road. The two conditions include stopping before entering the highway and not pulling in before the vehicle less than 500 feet.
- Racing on public or private property without proper permission amounts to driving in a reckless manner in Fairfax.
To get away from stringent punishments, it is important to get in touch with the Law Offices of SRIS, P.C. as soon as possible.
How to bring down the punishment even if found guilty for driving reckless in Fairfax VA?
Despite the cops having evidence and proof, the driver can still get away with reduced punishment either through persuasion or with the help of the law. The punishment for driving in a reckless manner in Fairfax is many and there are alternative charges to save the driver. The driving in a reckless way Fairfax legal counsel has a lot of scope for negotiation even when they are sure the driver is at fault. If the driver is in this situation, contact the Law Offices of SRIS, P.C. and our Fairfax reckless driving legal counsels will help negotiate the right deal and proper defense.
So, do not assume that nothing can be done if charged with driving reckless in Fairfax. It is pertinent to hire driving in reckless manner attorney in Fairfax from the Law Offices of SRIS, P.C as our lawyers are experienced and knowledgeable. The advantage of choosing an experienced law firm could give the accused an edge as our lawyers will negotiate with the prosecutor as they understand the nuances of the case better.
Depending upon the severity of the case, the prosecutor is involved. In most cases in Fairfax, prosecutors are not assigned and only police officers play the role of prosecutors. In some cases, the judge is involved directly. It is noted that unrepresented drivers fail to negotiate a plea as they do not understand the process and if they do, it becomes too late.
Mistakes by the policemen in driving in a reckless manner cases
It is the responsibility of the cop to prove the offense and there is a lot of scope for mistakes that can help defend the driving in a reckless manner in a Fairfax case.
The officer must have the right equipment to prove the charges. They must also prove that the equipment was in working condition and was used to measure the speed of the vehicle correctly. The officer has to prove if the car measured and pulled over are the same. They need to bring proof to the court in the prescribed format. Though the court does not seek any evidence for the accuracy of the equipment the same may have to be proved if the driving in a reckless manner in the city of Fairfax defense lawyer claims.
Errors committed by the cops:
Everyday many reckless driving cases are thrown out due to the errors committed by the police in collecting proof and the shrewdness of the driving in a reckless manner in Fairfax defense attorney. Just because police caught the driver for speeding a motor vehicle it is not necessary to believe them blindly. Often the charges could be erroneous and in most cases, the officer may not have the slightest idea of what happened at the accident site. They believe witnesses and they could lie. Sometimes there could be a language barrier and the witnesses could be misinterpreted.
There are 14 different varieties of reckless driving charges in VA and among these 95% are for accelerating at high speed and general reckless. It may be mentioned that among the different types of reckless driving offenses there may be a difference of opinion between the officer and the judge. What is considered an offense by one may not be treated the same by the other. This can help the driving in a reckless manner Fairfax attorney to construe a proper defense. Want to know more? Contact us the Law Offices of SRIS, P.C.
Why does an accused need an attorney to defend?
- Remember, when caught for driving in a reckless way, it is a class 1 misdemeanor and it is a serious form of offense in Fairfax, Virginia. It comes with hefty insurance premiums, fines, court fees, and DMV fees. Hiring a reputed driving in a reckless manner Fairfax attorney will save the accused from all these wasteful expenditures. Spending some money on attorney fees can truly be a cost-saving proposition in Fairfax city in VA.
- Having a driving in a reckless manner Fairfax attorney to the aid can give the accused some peace of mind as they need not show up at the trial. Upon charging the driver for rash motoring, the police have the choice to arrest, take the person to jail, or issue a summons for a court appearance. Those receiving the Virginia Uniform Summons may be asked to appear before the court either in person or through a lawyer. The Fairfax reckless driving attorney will try the case or work on a plea bargain. For either of these, the presence of the defendant is not necessary. Out of state drivers find this convenient.
- In some jurisdictions, an unrepresented defense is not allowed to plea bargain with the prosecutor. Without negotiating a plea, it is not possible to reduce the penalty. The court can show some leniency if there is proper representation. Moreover, the judge calls for the trial when the driving in a reckless manner Fairfax attorney is ready and not when the defendant files the case.
- The courtrooms are always busy and the accused may not be sure when the case will be coming up for hearing. The judges have very little time to complete their lot. The people in the courtroom are busy helping unrepresented defendants. The slangs in the court could be too confusing for the common man and this makes it crucial to hire driving in a reckless manner Fairfax defense attorney.
- Before the accused could find out what type of charges is slapped on them, it could be too late. With a Fairfax driving in a reckless manner defense attorney, things could move easily and the accused will realize they have a chance. Meet up with the Fairfax reckless driving legal counsel at the Law Offices of SRIS, P.C., for a strong defense.
- The court processes could be cumbersome and time-consuming unless the accused has an experienced Fairfax reckless driving legal counsel by their side. They could break the red tape as they know the shortcuts to a quick defense. When the accused driver is entangled in the judicial system, there are hundreds of queries that come to mind. Only a learned Fairfax driving in a reckless manner defense attorney can give a respite as they understand the system better.
When to appeal a conviction in the city of Fairfax?
The General District Court tries misdemeanor cases in Virginia. Any conviction in the General District Court can be appealed at the Virginia Circuit Court before 10 days. Anything could happen during this period. The judge could issue a bond for the defendant sentenced to jail previously and the conviction could be removed completely. A new trial will be conducted by the Circuit Court within three months. The driver has to pay court fees if found guilty in the city of Fairfax in VA driving in a reckless manner case; else the fines and costs will be refunded post the trial.
Some courts, in a Fairfax rash motoring case, allow jury trials and in certain situations, it could turn out to have serious repercussions. In some cases, it might turn out to be advantageous. Speak to the Fairfax reckless driving defense attorney in advance before opting for jury trials. Moreover, the appeal allows the Fairfax driving in a reckless manner defense legal counsel to negotiate before the court trial.
The judgment at the Circuit Court can be challenged at the Court of Appeals or the Supreme Court. It is the discretion of the court to either accept or dismiss the appeal. In most Fairfax driving in reckless manner cases, the decision of the lower court is upheld unless a legal error has occurred.
Whether the Fairfax driving in a reckless manner case is going for trial or appeal, the accused must choose only a knowledgeable Fairfax driving in reckless manner attorney. Always prepare for the worst as one may never know what to expect. Discuss with the Fairfax driving in a reckless manner lawyer on the chances of license suspension if found guilty or the jail sentence. Find out what options are available to prevent severe penalties. The Fairfax driving in a reckless manner Fairfax VA lawyer will explain the various possibilities and the sentences the accused can expect and how to counter them. Eventually, the decision to allow the accused to go home or detain remains in the hands of the judge. So, while going for a trial keep the fingers crossed and trust the Fairfax driving in reckless manner lawyers.
A respectable defense attorney ensures the accused complies with probation and can work towards suspension of the fines and jail sentences. Leave the task of defending the case to the Fairfax driving in reckless manner defense attorneys in town, while focusing on more important things in life. The traffic attorney at the Law Offices of SRIS, P.C. not just work through the trial but also take care of post-trial documentation.
When in the crossroads to choose between defending a Fairfax driving in a reckless manner charge or going on with life, it is wise to choose the latter. Instead of wasting time on learning court procedures and walking into courtrooms, just hand over the case to the Fairfax reckless driving defense attorney and heave a sigh of relief. At the end of the day, you will realize that hiring a traffic attorney is the right strategic decision you have made. It will not just give you time to move on with your normal life but also offer emotional relief.