The structure of a family is complex and fragile. Issues within a family should be handled carefully to avoid misunderstandings and dreadful consequences. But a lot of familial problems make it to the court in search of external professional assistance. Family law lawyers in Manassas VA are qualified to handle and propose resolutions for any familial concern. A judge would be increasingly cautious while trying disputes within a household. Family law attorney Manassas VA interacts with all clients to get to know them deeply. Only a thorough understanding of the concern can help family law lawyers in Manassas VA in suggesting appropriate solutions. Call our lawyers at the Law Offices of SRIS, P.C. now!
Family Law Lawyers in Manassas VA
Family law lawyers in Manassas VA would look to ease the personal burdens of the plaintiffs/defendants by implementing strategies that ensure desired outcomes. The Law Offices of SRIS, P.C. employs some of the most skilled Manassas divorce lawyers.
Divorce is one of the most common familial concerns across the globe. The Virginian family courts witness the registration of many divorce lawsuits. Family law lawyers in Manassas VA will address and tend to the considered familial issue with utmost care and diligence. There is no room for abrupt decisions and errors when it comes to issues of these kinds. A small faulty move can bring permanent ill-effects to the relationship that is at stake. This is the reason why family law lawyers in Manassas VA consider it wise and right to take an ample amount of time while tending to familial disputes.
The most important aspect of a divorce is its grounds. The grounds of separation can either be fault-based or no-fault-based. According to Family law lawyers in Manassas VA the fault-based grounds include intentional desertion, adultery, criminal conviction, incurable mental/physical inability, and cruelty. All couples, who desire to separate, are required to live under different roofs for a certain period. If you have no place to go and want to live in the marital house, speak to Family law lawyers in Manassas VA.
The period of separation includes the following:
- 6 months – For the couples who do not have kids from their marriages.
- 1 year – For the spouses who have children from their marriages.
If the couple gets to have intimate physical relationships within this period of separation, the divorce requests are declared invalid. Most importantly, the family law lawyers in Manassas VA would ensure that the plaintiff has been a resident of Virginia for a minimum of 6 months before filing the necessary paperwork.
Family law lawyers in Manassas VA are aware of the fact that matrimonial terminations can either be contested or non-contested. A contested marital split-up includes spouses, who do not unanimously agree to the terms of separation. Non-contested marriage dissolution involve partners, who collectively settle on the terms of separation without putting up a fight. Family law lawyers in Manassas VA can help clients in acquiring both contested and non-contested divorces.
A separation agreement is the most crucial document of a divorce. Family law lawyers in Manassas VA are cognizant of the significance of this agreement. This document drafted by Family law lawyers in Manassas VA would contain the terms that would regulate provisions like child custody/support, alimony, and property division post-divorce. In several cases, family law lawyers in Manassas VA negotiate between the couple to jot down settlement terms that are favorable to both the marital parties and their children.
The following are some of the terms that are explained in detail in a settlement agreement:
- Whether the couple collectively or one of the spouses is entitled to pay for the expenses incurred as a result of hiring family law lawyers in Manassas VA and court fees.
- The list of properties that would be obtained by each spouse after the approval of the divorce decree by the Family law lawyers in Manassas VA.
- The details of the marital party who gets to retain properties that were shared at the time of marriage like vehicles, household appliances, etc.
- The ways with which the retirement benefits of one or both the spouses would be divided.
- The ways with which debts that were acquired during the marriage would be settled after separation.
- The exact figures of alimony that one or both the spouses would receive after the official termination of the marriage.
- The allotment of the parent who will be held responsible for physically retaining the kid after divorce.
- The sum that would be exchanged between the couple for child support.
- The visitation plan of the non-custodial spouse.
- The ways with which life, general, and health insurances will be managed.
- The ways with which taxes would be handled post-divorce.
A non-contested marital breakup would usually take between 2-3 months for resolution after the filing of divorce requests, but contested marriage dissolution take a maximum of 18 months. Family law lawyers in Manassas VA would put in increased efforts to obtain a divorce for all clients within the minimal time possible. But these specified time limits can vary depending on the unique specifications of each case.
Child custody and support
Family law lawyers in Manassas VA recognize child custody as an aspect that is sensitive and crucial since one wrong decision in identifying the potential custodian between the two parents can become dreadful for the kid involved. Therefore, family law lawyers in Manassas VA consider many factors while proposing guardianship arrangements.
Some of the factors include:
- The decisions should be taken as per the directions specified under the Virginian family law.
- Regardless of the differences in the laws and court requirements between distinct jurisdictions, the ultimate motive of all child custody cases should be to ensure the well being of the kid.
- The parenting arrangements and visitation schedules that were proposed by the spouses themselves in the early stages of the process are likely to be thoroughly examined and studied by the judge.
- Parenting decisions are subjective and highly personal. Both the parents would be required to maintain a civil relationship with each other at least for ensuring the welfare of the ward.
- If the couples are unable to come to a settlement on one or more divorce-related issues, they would be advised to get help from professional family law lawyers in Manassas VA.
Family law lawyers in Manassas VA are familiar with the various forms of custody that are applicable in Virginia. Discussed below are some of the general kinds of custody.
This provision renders lawful rights to a parent to make major decisions for the kid like education, religious background, medical attention, etc. Family law lawyers in Manassas VA conceive this custody as an authoritative control over the development of a kid. Experienced family law lawyers in Manassas VA are aware of the fact that legal custody can either be granted to one or both spouses.
Family law lawyers Manassas VA describe this custody as a right to physically retain the ward post-divorce. A divorce attorney Manassas VA will be acquainted with the fact that physical custody can either be granted to a single parent or both parents.
The significance of divorce lawyers Manassas VA
Manassas lawyers from the Law Offices of SRIS, P.C. are known to be responsible and credible when it comes to the resolution of familial issues. Family law Manassas VA is complex with intricate and endless legal requirements. Qualified lawyers in Manassas VA have a thorough knowledge of the laws that govern and resolve family disputes. Manassas attorneys will also have personal experience in handling all kinds of familial disputes. Therefore, it is beneficial to hire a professional Manassas divorce attorney during these circumstances.