Houston Immigration Lawyer Houston Immigration Lawyer
- Posted by domainuser
- 0 Comment(s)
TIPS TO CHOOSING A HOUSTON IMMIGRATION LAWYER
Migrating to the US has become quite common and now the country has become home to millions of people from different cultural backgrounds. Besides looking for job, people also migrate to the US inorder to pursue their higher education, and some individuals escape from their troubled countries. Whatever the reason for migration may be, every individual has to follow a set of protocols and policies associated with the process. The Law Offices of SRIS, P.C. can guide you on the process and get you through it.
Trying to obtain a legal resident status in a new country is not so easy for a layman. You need to have a strong understanding about how the process works and you also have to stay up-to-date with the pertaining laws in the US. For these and many other reasons that we shall discuss in the next section, hiring an expert Houston immigration lawyer is advisable.
Why should You Hire a Houston immigration lawyer?
It is not as easy as it seems to be. A person, with little knowledge about procedures, will find it difficult to prepare & submit documents on time. Immigrants face a lot of challenges while trying to move to a new country and also while trying to adapt to their new environment.
Major benefits of hiring a Houston immigration lawyer;
- An experienced Houston immigration lawyer will help you fill up important forms relevant to migration and will have them submitted on time.
- Houston lawyer will ensure than the individual is aware of the migration laws. They can also help you resolve concerns that require persuading the authorities.
- Houston immigration lawyer will help you understand the eligibility to obtain a green card and other immigration benefits.
- If you are facing a deportation issue, a Houston lawyer will strive to have the removal process delayed and gradually lifted.
- If you are convicted of a crime, an experienced Houston lawyer will help you resolve and reverse the charges.
Tips to Choosing an Excellent Houston immigration lawyer
It is vital that you choose a very skilled and diligent Houston immigration lawyer because you do not want the process to be ruined in a way that you may never be able to recover. There are many Houston immigration lawyers who are honest and would genuinely want to help; you just need to identify the right kind of attorney and retain them to support you throughout the the process.
Here are some tips to keep in mind while choosing a Houston immigration lawyer;
1. Avoid Lawyers who approach you at Immigration Offices
It is very common to find numerous attorneys trying to talk to potential clients at immigration offices. Trying to solicit business in such a manner is considered unethical by the legal bar. A genuine Houston immigration lawyer will be too busy practicing law to spend time convincing clients in this manner.
2. Make Sure You are Dealing with a Genuine Houston immigration lawyer
Many Visa consultants, and petition preparers, claim to know the laws very well and persuade clients into believing them. Such “non-lawyers” know only part of the policies by heart and are unaware of the complexities involved. They may sometimes not practice integrity while filling out visa forms and later such dishonest statements will cause you trouble. Hence, make sure the person dealing with the process is a local Houston immigration lawyer.
3. Attorneys giving you Illegal Advice are a Big “No-No”
Attorneys who suggest you to bribe an officer for a green card, or lie to a USCIS officer, will just land you up in trouble in the long run. You may find these unethical ways work for you in the beginning but when you get caught, it will create a permanent stain on your record and it may even make you ineligible for any kind of visas or green card in the future. Hence make sure to hire a Houston immigration lawyer who practices integrity.
4. Research the Houston immigration lawyer’s track Record
You must carry out a thorough research about the Houston immigration lawyer before hiring him/her. They should have dealt with successful migration procedures in the past. If possible, try to contact their past clients and consider their suggestions before making a decision.
5. Compare the Advice By talking to more than one Attorney
Talking to several attorneys will give you a basis to compare; you will have an idea about how each attorney works. You will be able to choose as to which Houston immigration lawyer will be the best fit for you.
The Law Offices of SRIS, P.C. is a name to reckon when you think of immigration.