New Jersey Immigration Lawyer New Jersey Immigration Lawyers
- Posted by domainuser
- 0 Comment(s)
THE NEED FOR A LEGAL COUNSEL IN ADDRESSING CRIMINAL CHARGES
Migrants come to the US for various reasons. Some people come in search of jobs, while others come looking for a new livelihood. Few others come seeking refuge from their troubled countries. In either of the above-mentioned cases, the migrants have to face legal procedures prior to getting approval to stay in the country. The Law Offices of SRIS, P.C. has a good success rate in resolving the issues of the immigrants. Seeking the help of a New Jersey lawyer specialized in immigration is prudent in such situations. Staying in the US requires adhering to the rules and regulations imposed by the country. Failing to comply with the protocols, will not just lead to a conviction for a criminal offense but will also lead to getting deported. a New Jersey lawyer specializing in immigration explains that when charged with a crime, there will be penalties to face and this can be reversed with a New Jersey lawyer specializing in immigration. Only a lawyer in New Jersey specializing in immigration will know the ways and means to guide and prevent removal from the country which makes it imperative to contact us at the earliest.
Criminal Offenses: Specific Grounds for Deportation
Not all criminal offenses lead to deportation of a migrant, but there are some that would definitely lead to removal procedures:
- Multiple Criminal Charges;
- Crime involving Substance abuse like Drugs;
- Crime involving Firearms;
- Charges related to Moral Turpitude;
- Aggravated Felony.
When convicted of any of the above charges, then immediately contact a knowledgeable New Jersey immigration lawyer. Only aNew Jersey lawyer specializing in immigration will be able to tell whether the charge placed upon will lead to deportation or not. A New Jersey lawyer working specifically in the field of immigration laws will help with the best legal advice and approach to deal with the case at hand.
The lawyers explain that when there is no Green Card, then a conviction of a crime will prevent the migrant from obtaining one. Once you are convicted of a crime, it is crucial that a Post-Conviction Relief Application from a Criminal Conviction be filed immediately. The New Jersey immigration lawyer will know the deadlines as well as the procedures best and will act accordingly.
Obtaining a permanent residency after a conviction is quite complex; this is one such area that would require expert legal counsel dealing with immigration laws in New Jersey. Legal representation is vital when applying for a Green Card after the charge has been reversed.
Qualities of an Ideal New Jersey immigration lawyer
The following qualities are fictional since one single attorney cannot meet all of these criteria. But by having this checklist in hand, you will get a general idea as to what qualities a skilled New Jersey lawyer working specifically in the field of immigration laws should possess:
- The New Jersey immigration lawyer should be a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA). AILA does not guarantee the quality of the New Jersey immigration lawyer, but failing to join AILA could be an indication that the attorney is not completely associated with Migration law but specializes in other fields of law as well.
- A New Jersey lawyer specializing in immigration will believe in a flat fee structure and may suggest a customized fee plan based on your case’s complexity. An attorney, who charges less than the normal rate, is mostly unreliable since he might probably be trying to solicit business rather than genuinely trying to help you
- A reliable lawyer in New Jersey dealing with immigration will have a good number of client reviews and has a positive reputation among peers. The attorney is well acquainted with the local authorities.
- A jack-of-all-trades can never be relied upon when it comes to dealing with immigrants and reversing criminal charges at the same time. Only a specialized New Jersey lawyer will be able to handle complexity in such cases.
- A well-reputed New Jersey lawyer dealing in immigration matters should have a very strong track record with a number of successful cases. Experience is very important when dealing with migration; hence avoid legal counsels who do not have a strong clientele base.
- Make sure that the New Jersey lawyer is not overburdened with a lot of cases. Being overburdened will either not let the attorney concentrate on your case or, it will lead him to assign a junior attorney, who may not be so skilled in dealing with a criminal charge and migration case at the same time. To resolve all such issues amicably, do get in touch with us. Our experience surely matters!