Reckless Driving Lawyer Amelia Virginia
Did you know a reckless driving charge in Virginia can carry a jail sentence? With the traffic laws being strict in the state, the possibility of a jail sentence looms large on the accused. So, what should you do in such a situation? Handling the case all by yourself is an option but not a good one. So, get yourself a Reckless Driving Lawyer Amelia, VA, to deal with the reckless driving case. The assistance of a qualified and knowledgeable Reckless Driving Lawyer Amelia, VA, is the need of the hour. Our Reckless Driving Lawyer Amelia, VA, at the Law Offices of SRIS, P.C., is an excellent choice to handle your reckless driving case.
What constitutes reckless driving?
A driver who endangers another person’s life can be charged with this offense. Let us check out some examples of reckless driving:
- Speeding – Driving at the rate of 85 miles per hour or exceeding the speed limit by 20 miles per hour.
- Flouting traffic signs and signals – Drivers racing through red lights or halt signs or failing to surrender, pose a risk to others on the road.
- Drag racing – Racing on a roadway that is used by others may endanger their lives.
- Illegally passing – A driver that overtakes another vehicle unlawfully on a two-lane road with limited visibility increases the risk of an accident.
- Driving a dangerous vehicle – Any vehicle with no or bad brakes, non-working headlights, or brake lights is not entitled to be on the road. Driving such vehicles can cause the risk of accidents and endanger the life and limbs of others.
There are several examples of reckless driving and a clear understanding that if a driver is found guilty of endangering the life and limbs of others, it can constitute reckless driving. Contact a Reckless Driving Lawyer Amelia, VA, to know more about this. The attorney should help you with a proper defense.
Is jail term on the cards? Ask your Reckless Driving Lawyer Amelia, VA!
In Virginia, a reckless driving charge is a class one misdemeanor, which means a jail sentence is possible. Also, expunging the punishment is impossible, and the conviction can stay in your DMV record of 11 years.
Let us check what the other consequences are:
- A maximum jail term of one year
- A maximum fine amounting to $2500
- License suspension for up to 6 months
- A rise in auto insurance
- Will not be able to use rental cars
- Six points on the driving record
- Criminal record
Besides all these consequences, you will also have to appear in a court of law. This means you will have to forego important events in life such as work meetings, job interviews, missing classes in school or college, etc. To avoid such unpleasant incidents, get in touch with a Reckless Driving Lawyer Amelia, VA. The Reckless Driving Lawyer Amelia, VA, can work out the right strategy to ensure a positive outcome.
Is a personal appearance in court necessary? Ask your Reckless Driving Lawyer Amelia, VA
The personal appearance depends on the facts and circumstances of each case. In most cases, it would suffice if your Reckless Driving Lawyer Amelia, VA, attends the court on your behalf. However, when involved in a high-speed offense, it is essential either appear in person or through a Reckless Driving Lawyer Amelia, VA. Failure to appear will attract the “failure to appear” charge besides the original charge. Further, the “failure to appear” charge can attract a jail term.
It is essential to realize that in most cases, you can avoid a jail term with the assistance of a Reckless Driving Lawyer Amelia, VA.
Do you need a Reckless Driving Lawyer Amelia, VA?
Most drivers charged with reckless driving ask if it is necessary to engage a Reckless Driving Lawyer Amelia, VA. Technically, hiring a Reckless Driving Lawyer Amelia, VA is no need as the accused can represent themselves. But remember that this is not an ordinary offense and involves a jail sentence. Therefore, the best idea is to engage a Reckless Driving Lawyer Amelia, VA, because if you think of saving a few bucks on the lawyer’s fees, there are chances that you could be sent to jail and will eventually lose your job.
Besides serving time in jail, which is socially degrading, you will also have to face a steep rise in insurance premiums as the reckless driving charge will stay on record for a long time. So, the best option in this scenario is to get in touch with a Reckless Driving Lawyer Amelia, VA.
What are the long-term consequences of this offense? Ask you Reckless Driving Lawyer Amelia, VA.
Even though you are adjudged innocent, or your case is dismissed, your prospective employers or educational institutions may come to know of the charge during the background check. This may result in turning down your application. While this is the scenario for a positive outcome, being convicted for the offense can have far worse implications. This offense being a class one misdemeanor; a conviction means a permanent criminal record. With so much at stake, getting in touch with a Reckless Driving Lawyer Amelia, VA, is essential.
Why should you engage a Reckless Driving Lawyer Amelia, VA?
Firstly, this charge is not a simple traffic infraction as it involves a jail sentence. Therefore, acting quickly and engaging an experienced and qualified Reckless Driving Lawyer Amelia, VA, is best. Secondly, the Reckless Driving Lawyer Amelia, VA, can help do away with your court appearance. This means you can continue with your work until and unless the court explicitly calls for your appearance.
A final word of caution: Do not face this all alone! Talk to a reputed Reckless Driving Lawyer Amelia, VA, now to deal with the case.
Call our Reckless Driving Lawyer Amelia, VA, at the Law Offices of SRIS, P.C., to discuss the matter. Our Reckless Driving Lawyer Amelia, VA, with years of experience, can work out a perfect defense strategy.
Reckless Driving Amelia VA Lawyer | Amelia Reckless Driving
Amelia Reckless Driving
Did you know Virginia is one of the harshest states regarding reckless driving laws? In Virginia, reckless driving is a criminal offense and is charged as a class 1 misdemeanor. Many people think lightly of reckless driving charges, but sometimes a conviction for reckless driving can significantly impact your life.
Reckless driving comes with consequences such as:
- Six demerit points added to your DMV record
- The conviction will stay on your record for 11 years
- Maximum jail time of up to one year
- Fines that can go up to $2,500
- Increase in car insurance rates
- Difficulties finding a new job
- Suspension of driver’s license for up to six months
If you are charged with reckless driving, having an experienced reckless driving Amelia VA lawyer from The Law Offices Of SRIS.P.C. by your side is a good option. The lawyers from our office will help you navigate the reckless driving charge.
What Are The Types Of Reckless Driving?
You can receive a reckless driving ticket even if you don’t exceed the speed limit because reckless driving isn’t only about speeding. It also encompasses various other charges.
The charges for Amelia’s reckless driving include the following:
- Driving with no regard for one’s life or the lives of pedestrians or other drivers
- Driving over 85 mph without considering the speed limit
- Driving over 20 mph above the speed limit
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Passing two vehicles at the same time
- Overtaking an emergency vehicle and a stationary school bus
- Disregarding traffic signals or road signs
- Racing on public roads and engaging in burnouts
- Driving vehicles with damaged brakes
- Passing vehicles at dangerous locations like railroad crossings, the top of a hill, curves, and similar situations
Do You Need To Appear In Court Personally?
If you are unavailable on the court date or are out of state and unable to attend the trial, you can hire a lawyer to appear in court on your behalf.
What Can a Reckless Driving Amelia VA Lawyer Do For You?
It is always beneficial to have a lawyer represent you in court instead of representing yourself. A reckless driving charge can be quite complex, depending on the type of charge. A lawyer will help you understand the nature of the charge and its potential consequences if convicted. They will prepare a solid defense by examining the evidence collected by the prosecutor, aim to prevent you from going to court, negotiate with the prosecutor to reduce or dismiss the charge and address potential insurance and employment issues. The Law Offices Of SRIS.P.C. have lawyers with years of experience handling reckless driving charges, and we will create a defense strategy that will work in your favor.