Reckless Driving Lawyer Nottoway Virginia
Being accused of reckless driving in Virginia can be pretty scary. Yes, that is because the allegations wouldn’t just vanish, and you need to take care of it. It would help if you got in touch with a Reckless Driving Lawyer Nottoway, VA, to ensure the accusations don’t create havoc in your life. Call our Reckless Driving Lawyer Nottoway, VA, at the Law Offices of SRIS, P.C., to find out about the defenses available to you and the possibilities for winning the case.
Reckless Driving Lawyer Nottoway, VA, on Reckless Driving in Virginia
- It is reckless driving in Virginia if the speed limit is exceeded by 20 mph of the speed limit permitted.
- If the speed limit exceeds 80 mph.
- Reckless driving in Virginia is a class 1 misdemeanor and a criminal offense.
The penalties for reckless driving include the following:
- Six DMV points.
- A fine of $2,500.
- A jail sentence of 12 months.
- A license suspension of up to six months.
Your best option to avoid these harsh penalties and waste your time and energy is to hire an experienced Reckless Driving Lawyer Nottoway, VA.
Talking to a Reckless Driving Lawyer Nottoway, VA, when facing a reckless driving charge is essential before the court date.
How do you choose the right Reckless Driving Lawyer Nottoway, VA?
- Choose a Reckless Driving Lawyer Nottoway, VA, that regularly goes to court.
- Reckless Driving Lawyer Nottoway, VA, must have a good relationship with the judges, law enforcement officers, and prosecutors because this will help achieve the best outcome possible.
- Reckless Driving Lawyer Nottoway, VA, must know to spot deficiencies in the evidence so that arguing for dismissal can be easy.
- Remember that a conviction cannot be expunged. So hire a Reckless Driving Lawyer Nottoway, VA, beforehand. No one can do anything after you are convicted of the offense.
- Check if your Reckless Driving Lawyer Nottoway, VA, can represent people from other states or countries. This will help you handle the case easily if you do not live in Virginia.
- Your Reckless Driving Lawyer Nottoway, VA, should be able to represent you in court personally.
- Your Reckless Driving Lawyer Nottoway, VA, must be able to answer all your queries and clear your doubts regarding the case.
Extenuating Aspects in Reckless Driving cases
A Reckless Driving Lawyer Nottoway, VA, can argue in court to have your charges reduced or even dismissed. Here are some of the factors that the court may consider:
- Good driving record
- Incorrect reading on the Speedometer
- Issues with the radar calibration
- When there is a legitimate emergency
Reckless Driving Lawyer Nottoway, VA – How to prepare for your defense in a reckless driving case?
Many other factors are considered when it comes to reckless driving charges. However, an accomplished Reckless Driving Lawyer Nottoway, VA, may be able to lessen your potential punishment further.
The Reckless Driving Lawyer Nottoway, VA, must be able to help you in the following ways personally:
- Help you get a copy of your driving record
- Help in the calibration of the Speedometer
- Help take a driver education class
- Help complete some community service
Reckless Driving Lawyer Nottoway, VA, should educate clients on judicial discretion
The traffic court judges exercise substantial discretion in determining the punishment. When judicial discretion is exercised, there is a possibility of the sentence being minimized or dismissed. Talk to your Reckless Driving Lawyer Nottoway, VA, to know more about judicial discretion and how it would benefit you.
How to get your case dismissed with driving school classes?
The court may consider the dismissal of your case depending on the facts and circumstances of your case, past driving record, etc. Also, the court may order you to attend a driving school to dismiss the case. Talk to your Reckless Driving Lawyer Nottoway, VA, immediately to know your options.
Judges can use their discretion in the case of improper driving. For this charge, the penalty of a fine of up to $500 is levied. Also, the DMV points are three, and the accusation is removed from the record after the completion of three years. Your Reckless Driving Lawyer Nottoway, VA, will be able to throw more light into this.
Can you reduce your reckless driving ticket?
Everyone asks their Reckless Driving Lawyer Nottoway, VA, about the possibility of reducing the reckless driving ticket. We have already seen that the Virginia courts’ judges have the discretion to reduce the driving ticket to improper driving. Your Reckless Driving Lawyer Nottoway, VA, should be able to help you with the options available to fight the case. The goal of every Reckless Driving Lawyer Nottoway, VA, is complete dismissal or not guilty. But most attorneys would work hard to avoid the misdemeanor conviction.
How to defend out-of-state and non-local defendants?
Most people who are slapped with a driving ticket travel through Interstate 95 are not even residents of Virginia and, therefore, would find it challenging to handle the ticket. If you are not a local, then the best option would be to engage an attorney to handle the case on your behalf. This will considerably reduce your travel time. It is simply impossible to travel from another state or city to deal with the case. Talk to an accomplished attorney and avoid the hassle of attending court.
Make things easier by engaging a Reckless Driving Lawyer Nottoway, VA, when you are facing the charges. The attorney at the Law Offices of SRIS, P.C., can work out an excellent defense strategy depending on the case and ensure a positive outcome. Our attorney is the right choice, with years of experience, punctuality, and expertise. Call our office now to fix an appointment, and we will gladly assist you. After all, dealing with a reckless driving ticket is not easy and requires a lot of knowledge and expertise.