SPOUSAL SUPPORT LAWYER COLOMBIA
A divorcing couple is expected to go through several legal procedures. In addition to experiencing physical and emotional stresses, the separating spouses are required to decide on crucial aspects like child custody, division of assets, alimony, etc. A spousal support lawyer in Colombia can render guidance to resolve issues concerning alimonies. Marriage dissolutions can either be contested or uncontested. An uncontested divorce is a dissolution in which the matrimonial partners unanimously agree to the terms of the separation agreement. Experienced law firms like the Law Offices of SRIS, P.C. can explain your alimony rights.
A non-contested / amicable divorce is reached with the help of peaceful negotiations between the two parties of the broken marriage. Additionally, an amicable annulment requires a minimum of one spousal support lawyer in Colombia. An experienced spousal support lawyer in Colombia is found capable of handling all legal issues, single-handedly. In an uncontested matrimonial termination, the spouses provide mutual consent to get separated under amicable terms. Thus, the necessity for a court intervention is declined. Moreover, a spousal support lawyer in Colombia majorly recommends uncontested annulments for couples, who do not have children. An amicable separation is finalized within a short period when compared to a contested divorce.
The necessity of a spousal support lawyer in Colombia
A judge comes into the picture only under the following circumstances:
- If the couple has one or more kids.
- If the marital partners fail to achieve consensus on issues like property division, child support, and alimonies.
Grounds for a divorce in Colombia
A spousal support lawyer in Colombia is known to be cognizant of the grounds that can be stated for acquiring an annulment. Some of these grounds are listed herein:
- If one of the spouses engages in an extra-marital relationship.
- If one of the partners fails to satisfy the requirements of the other.
- If one of the spouses gets insanely addicted to intoxicants like drugs or alcohol.
- If one of the partners physically abuse or hurt the other.
- If a partner is diagnosed with an illness that imposes risks of bad health.
- If the couple is found to live separately for 2 years or more.
- If one of the partners mentally pressurize or abuse the other.
- If the couple agrees to get separated with mutual consent.
A spousal support lawyer in Colombia should ensure that the reasons stated by the divorcing client are lawfully tangible and acceptable. If the couple jointly owns one or more assets, the hired spousal support lawyer in Colombia becomes entitled to suggest resolutions for the following issues:
- Allocation of the funds that were gathered by the couple during the period of marriage.
- Deciding on the ownership of the properties possessed by the divorcing partners.
- Division of the credits, loans, or debts acquired by the separating spouses during the period of their marriage.
- If the couple jointly owns a company, the employed spousal support lawyer in Colombia becomes obligated to regulate and assure a fair division of the titles and profits of the business.
- Allocation of the jointly owned vehicles.
- Division of the belongings that inhabited the marital home of the parting couple.
- Partitioning of the funds and savings that were gathered by the divorcing parties during the period of the marriage.
- Deciding on the amount that is to be periodically rendered as alimony by one of the spouses to the other.
- Deciding on the amount that is to be exchanged as compensation or settlement between the couple.
The hired spousal support lawyer in Colombia is prone to face the following additional issues while dealing with the annulment of a couple, who has children:
- Determining the parent, who acquires the custodial rights of the children.
- Drafting a visitation schedule to ensure proper and frequent contact of the children with each of their parents.
- Deciding on the amount that is to be provided by each parent for meeting the financial requirements of the kids.
- Deciding on the contributions that will be made by each parent to satisfy the academic necessities of the child.
- During several circumstances, the child engages in various co-curricular activities for the development of additional skills (apart from academics) like swimming, painting, singing, dancing, etc. In these cases, the chosen spousal support lawyer in Colombia becomes additionally responsible for deciding on the funds provided by each parent to support the artistic or athletic desires of the children.
- A spousal support lawyer in Colombia is also bound to decide on the allocation of wealth that is to be inherited by the children of the separating spouses.
- Determining the value of the funds that are to be provided by each parent for meeting the insurance and medical expenses of the kids.
A spousal support lawyer in Colombia is capable of proposing the best resolutions for all the issues mentioned above. The drawn resolutions are put to practice once when the annulment is finalized at the court.
The necessity of a spousal support lawyer in Colombia while seeking an international divorce
A spousal support lawyer in Colombia is bound to face international issues while dealing with a marriage dissolution that involves spouses, who are from different countries. Furthermore, a spousal support lawyer in Colombia is also bound to deal with international matrimonial terminations while associating with divorcing clients, who desire to transfer to another country. An overseas divorce gets increasingly complicated when the couple is found to have kids. A spousal support lawyer in Colombia is capable of rendering elaborate clarifications on the rights bestowed on a spouse, who seeks an international annulment.
Division of properties is the biggest challenge of international divorce and an attorney faces numerous difficulties while handling the same. Therefore, a spousal support lawyer in Colombia suggests various options to assist the client in making informed decisions.
While dividing financial assets, a spousal support lawyer in Colombia should observe fairness and zero prejudice in the allocations suggested. Additionally, a spousal support lawyer in Colombia should also ensure that no properties of the following kinds are considered for divisions.
- A spousal support lawyer in Colombia should ensure that no pre-marital assets are considered for separation. In simpler contexts, a property that was purchased before the period of marriage is lawfully exempted from division.
- A spousal support lawyer in Colombia should ensure that no inherited properties are considered for divisions. In specific, the asset that was inherited by one of the spouses is relieved from separation.
- A spousal support lawyer in Colombia should also assure that no solely purchased properties are considered for division. In simpler contexts, an asset that was purchased with the solely earned funds of one of the partners is lawfully exempted from division.
A spousal support lawyer in Colombia finds spousal maintenance appropriate and legitimate in the following circumstances:
- If one of the spouses opts for a divorce as a result of the fault of the other, the former can non-hesitantly request for financial compensations. In these cases, the chosen spousal support lawyer in Colombia argues that the requesting spouse is an innocent victim of the mistakes committed by the other at-fault partner.
- A spousal support lawyer in Colombia can also place requests for obtaining award payments for a spouse, who is lacking financially and individually incompetent to make money.
The legal alternatives suggested by a spousal support lawyer in Colombia
Litigation is not the only solution for a contested divorce. Only upon approaching a spousal support lawyer in Colombia, a couple gets to learn the alternatives available for the resolution of a divorce that remains contested. Some of these alternatives are explained herein:
A spousal support lawyer in Colombia regards mediation as an approach that lawfully simplifies contested annulments. During mediation, the couple meets up with a mediator, who is specifically trained for counseling divorcing couples. A private spousal support lawyer in Colombia is prohibited from attending these mediations. Your lawyer is only allowed to render guiding advice to the clients, who attend these meetings. However, the mediator would be a separate spousal support lawyer in Colombia, who is specially appointed by the court for counseling purposes. Mediations can be time-consuming and expensive.
A spousal support lawyer in Colombia negotiates between the parties of divorce to settle issues before the commencement of the legal procedures at the court.
- Collaborative law
During this process, a spousal support lawyer in Colombia assumes responsibility to resolve all annulment disputes and negotiates between the separating parties with the same aim. A spousal support lawyer in Colombia enters into an agreement with the divorcing client under the condition of withdrawing legal assistance once when the former fails to attain settlement. The main motive behind this approach is to experience the complete commitment of a spousal support lawyer in Colombia. If a spousal support lawyer in Colombia fails to bring in a settlement between the parting couple, the former loses a potential client and thereby suffers losses.
In arbitration, the case is dealt with under the presence of an arbitrator, who subsequently replaces a judge. Arbitration condenses several legal procedures. Therefore, a spousal support lawyer in Colombia conceives arbitration as a cost-effective approach that eventually saves time and energy.
The lawyers at the Law Offices of SRIS, P.C. has immense experience in handling spousal support cases which makes it all the more necessary to get in touch with us!