YOUR LEGAL DEFENSE FOR A SAFE TOMORROW
Are you charged with a crime in Prince William County? Remember, your future is at stake, and hiring the Law Offices Of SRIS, P.C. criminal lawyers in Prince William County as early as possible is the best thing to do. There are many options for the accused to reach a favorable outcome in a criminal case as the rights of the defendant have to be protected throughout the litigation. The lawyers at The criminal lawyers at the Law Offices of SRIS, P.C. come with immense experience in criminal law and will defend your case successfully.
THE LAWYER WILL HELP YOU WITH THE FOLLOWING:
In Prince William County, you can be booked either for Misdemeanor or Felony. It doesn’t matter what criminal charges are slapped on you, but it is pertinent to get in touch with criminal lawyers in Prince William County to defend your case. Beat the prosecution with the guidance of the criminal lawyers at The Law Offices of SRIS, P.C.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER CHARGES ARE FILED?
Criminal charges can be intimidating considering the magnitude of the penalties, where most accused do not know what to anticipate. Only experienced criminal lawyers in Prince William County can protect you from unnecessary harassment.
The charges and jurisdiction are decided based on the type of offense. For a misdemeanor offense, you will be given a court date. For felony charges, the procedures are specific and the impacts depend on the severity of the crime. Do not waste time and contact the criminal lawyers in Prince William County right away.
If the charges are filed by the Prince William County police, it means they have a ground for arrest and the office can issue the summons or even an arrest warrant; therefore, contact a criminal lawyer ASAP. Soon after the charges are filed, the court process will commence.
The accused has to appear before the judge to find out whether the next court appearance will be for a trial or preliminary hearing. With the leading criminal lawyers in Prince William County to your aid, you can get quick updates about the process. This makes it essential for the accused to get in touch with The Law Offices of SRIS, P.C.
MISDEMEANOR CHARGES EXPLAINED
The misdemeanor charges are less serious crimes and will be heard at the General District Court. After the hearing, the defendant may be released with a court date or may be arrested and produced before the magistrate for finalizing the bond status. On the first court date, the defendant will be informed that he/she can avail the services of a court-appointed attorney or can hire criminal lawyers in Prince William County.
Some of the common misdemeanor offenses in Prince William County are driving offenses like reckless driving and DUI, apart from shoplifting, minor larceny, obstruction of justice, or found possessing marijuana. These cases require strong defenses and opting for the best criminal lawyers in Prince William County will ensure that your rights are protected.
FELONY CHARGES EXPLAINED
The Felony charges are heinous crimes. There is a huge difference between felony and misdemeanor charges. The magistrate explains the bond to the person charged with a felony on an arrest warrant. In cases where the magistrate is unable to set a bond or rejects to set a bond, the defendant can move the General District Court. If the defendant is held without a bond, the criminal lawyers in Prince William County have to file a bond motion before the court considers amending the bond.
In a felony case, the preliminary hearing is to decide whether evidence is sufficient for the case to be moved to trial. The prosecutor will have sufficient evidence before the trial is ordered. This stage is crucial because it gives both the prosecutor as well as the criminal lawyers in Prince William County a chance to sort out concerns regarding the case before it reaches the trial stage. Some of the common felony charges are possession of drugs, grand larceny of property, or other property crimes. Quick access to the criminal lawyers in Prince William County can make the process hassle-free. So, don’t waste time and get in touch with The Law Offices of SRIS, P.C.
WHAT ARE BAIL AND BOND MOTIONS?
LEGAL GROUNDS FOR SETTING A REASONABLE BOND ARE AVAILABLE IN THE FOLLOWING:
- Bill of Rights in the 8th Amendment – US Constitutional Prohibition of Excessive bail.
- The Virginia Constitutional prohibition of excessive bail under Article 1, Section 9.
- Virginia Code §19.2-120
The well-experienced criminal lawyers in Prince William County at The Law Offices of SRIS, P.C. can assist you to move a bail or set a bond after thoroughly analyzing the grounds.
GROUNDS FOR BAIL REJECTION IN VA
BAIL CAN BE REJECTED IF:
- If the defendant does not appear for the preliminary hearing or trial to the place directed on the specific date and time.
- If the defendant is in danger or could cause a threat to the public. In such cases, bond motion is recommended.
Call upon the best criminal lawyers in Prince William County immediately to work a bail.
The defendant charged with serious offenses may need to prove he/she deserves a bail. The accused has to go through a bond hearing before the judge, with the criminal lawyers in Prince William County and the prosecutor arguing for a reasonable bond.
WHAT HAPPENS ON THE FIRST DAY IN COURT?
The scene varies depending on the type of charges. On the first day in the court at Prince William County, irrespective of your charges, the judge will determine if the defendant is aware of their charges and their rights to hire lawyers. The defendant will be given the option to choose between a court-appointed attorney and criminal lawyers in Prince William County.
Some misdemeanor cases are solved in the first appearance, yet in most cases, it is likely to be continued. It may be noted that not all misdemeanor cases are set for arraignment but felony cases are sure to be. Find out from the criminal lawyers in Prince William County if your case is eligible to be set for arraignment. Whatever be the crime, the defendant can request the court for time to hire the criminal lawyers in Prince William County to defend their case during the first court appearance. Do not waste this opportunity and get in touch with The Law Offices of SRIS, P.C. now!
SOME MISDEMEANOR CASES RESOLVED DURING THE FIRST COURT APPEARANCE ARE:
- Misdemeanor charges like reckless driving can be resolved during the first appearance in the court with the help of criminal lawyers in Prince William County, where the accused may be asked to perform community services and the charges may be downgraded to a traffic infraction.
- The prosecution and criminal lawyers in Prince William County can agree in resolving the case in the first appearance. For instance, in the case of petty larceny, the defendant can be sent to do community service before the court date to resolve the case in the first appearance.
THE RESULTS WILL BE:
- One or more charges are dropped by the prosecutor
- One or more charges are reduced to lesser offenses by the prosecutor
- The prosecutor may endorse a lesser sentence
The prosecutor and the defense lawyers in Prince William County reach an agreement and the plea bargain is presented in the court. It becomes official once the judge approves the agreement.
The criminal lawyers in Prince William County have to consider if plea bargaining will be in the best interest of the defendant instead of a trial. For this, the criminal lawyers in Prince William County need to understand the legal rights, risks of trial, and evidence against the defendant. If the defendant does not give consent for plea bargaining or pleading guilty, the criminal record will remain the same as the guilty verdict. In such cases, the criminal lawyers in Prince William County can come to your aid. The Criminal lawyers in Prince William County associated with The Law Offices of SRIS, P.C. can review the evidence and charges, and negotiate with the prosecutor.
WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY ATTEMPT TO COMMIT CONSPIRACY OF A CRIME?
It is an incomplete crime as the conspiracy is hatched but the crime is not committed yet. It is an attempt to commit a crime in the future. Though it is considered as an attempt, the punishment is the same as completing a crime and the culpability level is similar. The Virginia law has specific statutes to make conspiracy a lesser serious felony charge when compared to complete felony. Expert criminal lawyers in Prince William County will be in a position to explain the charges better. If you are held for conspiracy, do not delay any further, contact criminal lawyers in Prince William County from the Law Offices of SRIS, P.C. quickly.
The conspiracy to commit a crime comes with a better bargaining range. It may be difficult to argue or negotiate when a crime is not committed, but experienced criminal lawyers in Prince William County will know how to handle the charges. It lies with the prosecutor to increase or decrease the bargaining range depending on the facts of the case. The criminal lawyers in Prince William County can help in getting the sentence reduced.
MISTAKES TO AVOID WHILE CONFRONTING CRIMINAL CHARGES
- In criminal cases, there is an assumption that the prosecution enjoys the confidence of the witnesses, but the criminal lawyers in Prince William County can explain it is not always true.
- There is an assumption that the prosecution has all the evidence in place to proceed with the case but the criminal lawyers in Prince William County can prove otherwise.
- Some criminal defendants may speak with the prosecutor or police about the case or on incarceration, the defendant may speak about the facts of the case over the phone. Remember, your statement can go against you during the trial.
Avoid these mistakes particularly in Prince William County by hiring reputed criminal lawyers with experience in the specific crime area. The criminal lawyers in Prince William County associated with The Law Offices of SRIS, P.C. understand the common mistakes and are familiar with the local laws to give you a favorable outcome.
CRIMINAL COURTS IN PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY, VA
The judicial system of Prince William County is one of the best amongst its kinds all over the world. The courtrooms here handle cases strictly without any discrimination. Once being accused of criminal charges, it is always advisable to get hold of the best criminal lawyers in Prince William County for legal assistance. The criminal lawyers in Prince William County understand the legalities involved and can help in your case by providing the best defenses.
- Criminal lawyers in Prince William County work and collaborate with the judges of the district and circuit courts and the state attorneys.
- An experienced criminal lawyer in Prince William County is well aware of the differences in approaching a district or a circuit court. The district courts are the lower order courts in Prince William County. At the district courts, there are no jury trials and no court reporter. Therefore, all cases in need of a jury will be shifted to the circuit court. A majority of the criminal cases registered are initiated at the general district or the juvenile court. Offenses like thefts, traffic violations, and other small-scale crimes are handled at the district court. The criminal lawyers in Prince William County handle serious felonies at the district court at the beginning and later the proceedings will shift to a circuit court during the trial.
- All cases begin at the General District Court. Criminal lawyers in Prince William County will present evidence and state facts defending their clients in the presence of the judge, who carefully examines the authenticity of the proofs, and move the progress of the case to the circuit court for a trial if found necessary.
- There are various levels of court in Virginia. Along with the circuit and district courts, Virginia also has a supreme court and a court of appeals located in Richmond. Convicts wishing to review the judgment delivered at the circuit court can sign a petition of appeal at the court of appeals with the help of the most skilled lawyers in Prince William County. If the appeal is rejected at the court of appeals, the convict is allowed to move the case further by requesting an appeal at the Supreme Court.
- The proceedings at the local courts in Prince William County follow a predefined format. Therefore, seeking assistance from the most competent criminal lawyers in Prince William County, who are well acquainted with the court’s system and functioning, will facilitate smooth navigation through the court procedures.
- The usage of mobile phones or other electronic devices is strictly prohibited in court. Reading magazines, newspapers, and novels are also banned. The court requires discipline, complete attention, and focus from all its occupants. Therefore, a criminal lawyer in Prince William County will warn the client about the court etiquette.
- Criminal lawyers in Prince William County will also instruct their clients on the dress codes at the court during the time of trial.
THE LAW OFFICES OF SRIS, P.C. WITH THEIR TEAM OF VETERAN CRIMINAL LAWYERS IN PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY CAN HELP BY:
- Making you aware of the defense options available and choosing the right one for you.
- Explaining the charges in detail in a simple language that you can comprehend.
- Creating a strong defense in your favor.
- Negotiating a plea in your favor with the prosecutor
If you are charged for an offense, look for the best criminal lawyers in Prince William. For any individual charged with a crime, the legal process can be highly complicated. The Law Offices of SRIS, P.C. can help you with the basics, an overview of the charges, and how to overcome it. The criminal lawyers at The Law Offices of SRIS, P.C. in Prince William County will provide a comprehensive explanation about the charges against you. Consider investing in a private counsel for your peace of mind and security. Our criminal lawyers in Prince William backed by years of legal experience have handled a wide range of cases successfully. When facing criminal charges, call The Law Offices of SRIS, P.C. as your life and reputation are at stake.
If you need the help of criminal lawyers in Prince William County, call 888-437-7747. Our criminal lawyers are here to help you. Remember, the best criminal defense is the best offense. C