OWNER & CEO
MR. SRIS - FORMER PROSECUTOR
Licensed in Virginia, Maryland and DC.
MEMBER AND ASSOCIATE
Mr. “Sris” is the owner and CEO of the Law Offices of SRIS, P.C.
He started the firm in 1997 and the firm has locations in Virginia & Maryland. Mr. Sris works out of the Fairfax, Virginia office.
Mr. Sris is licensed in Virginia, Maryland and DC.
As a former prosecutor for the Town of Haymarket, Virginia, Mr. Sris gained some invaluable skills. His experience as a prosecutor provided him with strong negotiation skills and helped hone his litigation skills. These skills help him to be a better advocate for his clients.
In addition to being a lawyer, he has an undergraduate degree in Accounting, and IT certifications in Agile/SCRUM, Six Sigma (Green Belt), ITIL and Prince2.
After 20 years of practice, Mr. Sris primarily handles complex domestic relations matters and defends individuals charged with sex crimes and computer related sex crimes.
Some of the different types of criminal cases he has defended in the past are: robbery, malicious wounding, grand larceny, burglary, possession with intent to distribute marijuana, cocaine, heroin, etc. and sex offenses such as solicitation of a minor via the internet, rape, prostitution, child pornography, etc.
When you are seeking a skilled trial lawyer in Virginia, Maryland & DC to defend you against a charge of computer crime, you not only want a skilled criminal lawyer, but ideally you want a criminal lawyer who truly understands the technology behind the charges. You find both in Mr. Sris. There are very few lawyers who have the legal background and the technological background as Mr. Sris. Don’t take our word for it, look around.
Some of the different types of domestic relations cases he has handled on behalf of his clients are: high asset equitable distribution cases, child custody trials, high asset prenuptial agreements, UCCJEA relocation cases, parental kidnapping cases, etc.
Mr. Sris’ business education and business background is a substantial asset to high net worth individuals who are dealing with a divorce. Especially those who are self-employed and are in the IT industry.
Occasionally upon a special request, Mr. Sris will handle traffic matters such as reckless driving, DUI or driving on a suspended license.
Mr. Sris was part of a team effort to introduce legislation in Virginia that amended a particular aspect of the Code of Virginia 20-107.3 (the equitable distribution statute) and having the Commonwealth of Virginia recognize Pongal as an officially recognized day starting on January 14, 2018 and every year after that.
Most recently, Mr. Sris worked with the Indian community in Northern Virginia to have Tamil New Year recognized as an official day in the Virginia Calendar by the Virginia Legislature.
- Phi Delta Phi
- Beta Alpha Psi
Quinnipiac College School of Law, Hamden, Connecticut, May, 1995
George Mason University, Fairfax, VA, USA, May, 1993
- Major: Accounting
- 70% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Virginia, 1997
- District of Columbia, 1998
- Maryland, 2015
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia, 1997
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Virginia, 1997
- U.S. District Court Western District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court Maryland 2015
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Inns of Court – George Mason Chapter, September 25, 2002 – August 2015.
- Kiwanis Club of Manassas, May 7, 1998 – Present. Former Vice President
Mr. Sris In The News
- The Washington Post: 2008-01-16 – Ex-Deputy – PressReader
- McCabe v. Com., 650 S.E.2d 508 – CourtListener.com
- Atchuthan Sriskandarajah on Channel 7 News | LAWYERS IN VIRGINIA & MARYLAND
- Fone v. State, 161 A.3d 736 | Casetext
- Judge Finds In-Home Nudity Intentional, Indecent – NBC4 Washington
- Tamil, one of the world’s oldest languages, to be recognized by Loudoun County schools
- Senator Calls Gun Incident Inadvertent – The New York Times
- The Naked Truth: Fairfax man charged with indecent exposure in private home
- Home Alone, Naked Man Didn’t Draw Blinds, Faces Indecent Exposure Rap
- Sex-arrest case spills into family court – Baltimore Sun
- GMAIC Celebrates the 800th Birthday of the Magna Carta
- Fort Belvoir firefighter charged with making child porn
- N.C. man gets 25 years in violent fake-document scam | News | richmond.com
- Valluvan Tamil Academy in Virginia – Valluvan Tamil Academy in Virginia
- New Fund Ensures Spiritual Future of USA Temple
- Ex-Marine sergeant sentenced to prison
- OSA Director Nealley fired; dean alleges she embezzled $300,000
- R sum : School Board Meeting – Loudoun County Public School
- Nude man arrested in home to test the right to bare arms (and more) – Twin Citie
- Virginia passes resolution designating Pongal Day
- Virginia declares January 14 as ‘Pongal Day’
- Mr. Atchuthan “Sris” Sriskandarajah HG.ORG
- Article from Tamil Website
- Article from Tamil Website
- Pongal Day in Virginia: US State Recognizes the Indian Festival
- It’s Pongal. Here’s how the World Celebrates this Festival of Harvest!
- Valluvan Tamil Academy (VTA), 5500 Sully Park Dr, Centreville, VA (2020)
- The National Trial Lawyers
- State of Virginia in US recognizes Hindu Thai Pongal Day
- Virginia recognises 14th January as the Pongal day
- Pongal Day Resolution at Virginia – Jan 19th 2017