DUI Lawyer Lexington VA | Lexington DUI VA
- Posted by domainuser
- 0 Comment(s)
DUI Lawyer Lexington Virginia
Every driver should be socially conscious while operating vehicles in a public place, national highway, or state roads. Despite the state of Virginia defining a set of traffic codes for the safety of its citizens, unfortunately, there has been a steady registration of traffic offenses daily. DUI (Driving Under the Influence) is one of the most common traffic perpetrations filed in the state. If you face DUI charges, save time contacting the Law Offices of SRIS, P.C. for legal guidance.
Operating a vehicle while intoxicated is a serious transgression in Virginia. Drivers arrested for DUI desperately need the help of a DUI lawyer Lexington, VA, to go about with the procedures that follow the apprehensions. The Law Offices of SRIS, P.C. have years of experience handling DUI cases. If you want to defend your charges, the first thing to do is to hire a DUI lawyer Lexington, VA. Contact our DUI lawyer in Lexington, VA, today for first-hand assistance handling DUI accusations.
Laws governing drunken driving in Virginia
The state enforces a separate section of laws for regulating intoxicated driving in the state. The law recognizes a set of rights for the offenders apprehended on the grounds of drunken driving. In most cases, DUI arrests are the aftermath of the monitoring exercise conducted by the traffic police to ensure the safety of the public on the road. During one such exercise, if you are pulled over and asked to take a test, do not protest, as it could be a more severe offense than drunken driving. Immediately call our DUI lawyer Lexington, VA, before talking to the law enforcement officers.
Are you aware of your rights? If not, read on…
The rights include:
- If you are stopped for a drunken driving offense, do not speak or answer questions without a lawyer. Your answers may turn against you during the trial. Contact our DUI lawyer Lexington, VA, immediately for assistance.
- Drivers in Lexington have all the right to deny the consent for field sobriety tests. Call our DUI lawyer Lexington, VA, immediately, and we can be by your side to protect your rights. The traffic police have all the prerogatives to administer sobriety tests when they suspect you of drunken driving. Yet you can politely refuse a test; for more information, contact our DUI lawyer Lexington, VA
- If you are pulled over for a drunken driving test, do not deny to produce your license and insurance to the officer; immediately after that, call our DUI lawyer Lexington, VA, for assistance. Our DUI lawyer Lexington, VA, advises you not to speak to the officer or anyone else as it could be used to incriminate you in court. It is also suggested not to increase the suspicion of the traffic officers as it could lead to carrying on a full-on DUI investigation.
Driving under the influence of drugs like marijuana
Those operating a vehicle should know that driving under the influence of drugs like marijuana is equally offensive as drunken driving. Marijuana is not legal in Virginia, unlike in other parts of the United States, like Maryland. Therefore, drivers stopped for driving under the influence of marijuana are known to incur twice the charges for violating traffic rules and illegally possessing or using the drug. If you are caught in such a situation, our DUI lawyer Lexington, VA, can represent you and ensure your rights are safeguarded.
Can the law enforcement officer force a sobriety test?
Any driving license holder should be familiar with the laws concerning consent when going through tests for determining sobriety. If you are pulled over on the road for suspected drunken driving, you can exercise your right of consent. For more details, contact our DUI lawyer Lexington, VA.
The state government makes it mandatory for drivers to consent to breath or blood tests when stopped under suspicion of intoxicated driving. But you can only accept the test if you are comfortable. But remember that refusing a breath test can lead to administrative penalties like driving license suspension, etc. So do not leave anything to chance; hire our DUI lawyer, Lexington, VA, and settle matters without complicating the issue.
Visit our office today to consult our DUI lawyer Lexington, VA for quick relief.
DUI conviction and Penalties
A DUI lawyer Lexington, VA, can help you fight against the drunken driving charge. A conviction could lead to penalizations like jail sentences, driving license cancellation or suspensions, fines, installation of ignition interlock devices, enrollment into rehabilitation programs, etc. The severity of the penalizations increases with subsequent DUI convictions within specific periods. For instance, a DUI lawyer Lexington, VA, may face increased challenges while representing repeat offenders in the past 5 or 10 years.
Similarly, drivers accused of high BAC levels find it challenging to escape severe penalties. In such cases, our DUI lawyer Lexington, VA, can pitch in to defend your case. The challenges are higher for DUI lawyers Lexington, VA, in the case of minor DUI perpetrators. Yet it is not an impossible task. Our DUI lawyer Lexington, VA, can work out strategic defenses to reduce or dismiss the charges against a minor. Waste no time; call our DUI lawyer Lexington, VA, today! To learn more about the defenses that can be offered to minimize penalizations dial in now!
In addition to the direct penalties mentioned above, a guilty DUI offender may face several collateral consequences. A DUI lawyer Lexington, VA from the Law Offices of SRIS, P.C. would keep the defendant warned about all potential legal and collateral aftermaths upon being announced guilty of intoxicated driving.
Some of the most common collateral consequences include:
- Repeated DUI convictions can bring jail sentences. The record will likely be made public in the list of offenders maintained and published by the state government online/offline.
- Criminal records can hinder job offers, admissions into educational institutions, enrollment into government services, etc.
- Often, offenders are frowned upon and disapproved of by their family members, office colleagues, friends, neighbors, etc. They may lose their personal and societal connections, making them despised in society.
Choose our DUI lawyer Lexington, VA, to try and prevent a DUI conviction or reduce your charges to lesser traffic infraction. Speak to us now!