DUI Lawyer New Kent Virginia
Any person under the Influence of drugs or alcohol on a roadway, or a highway can be accused of Driving Under the Influence. And remember that it is a criminal charge with severe consequences such as fines, loss of driver’s license, and prison sentence. This offense’s repercussions may lead to employment loss, social degradation, etc.
To avoid all this, talk to an experienced DUI Lawyer New Kent, VA. Our DUI Lawyer New Kent, VA, at the Law Offices of SRS, P.C., assists you in regaining your freedom!
DUI Lawyer New Kent, VA, explains what is Driving under the Influence
Driving under the Influence is operating a motor vehicle while under the Influence of any substance or alcohol. This accusation can lead a person to a prison sentence of up to a year, a $2,500 fine, the suspension of their driver’s license, and a permanent record of their DUI conviction. Further, a penalty can carry a negative stigma by stamping the driver as unsafe and irresponsible.
You also need to know that no minimum BAC is required to be charged with Driving under the Influence. However, to be considered under the Influence, the legal limit prescribed by the State is 0.08 or higher. Therefore, be aware that even if a driver does not reach that level, they can still be arrested and charged with DUI.
A DUI Lawyer New Kent, VA, will be able to tell you what most people are unaware of. It is that a person can be charged with Driving under the Influence even if they blow 0.08 on the breathalyzer. The legal limit is 0.08, so it can lay out reasonable justification to be arrested for a DUI and for the State to lay out an assumption that that individual was in an intoxicated condition. It is possible to infer that they were under the Influence if their BAC is higher than 0.06. If a person has any alcohol in their system, it can be used in conjunction with other tests to demonstrate that they were driving while intoxicated. Get in touch with a DUI Lawyer New Kent, VA, right now to know more!
DUI Lawyer New Kent, VA, on the DUI charges?
An arrest can severely impact your ability to drive and keep your license. Even if it is a first offense, you could be fined, required to spend time in jail, and lose your driver’s license if you are found guilty. The consequences for subsequent offenses are even more severe. Talk to a DUI Lawyer New Kent, VA, to get more details.
If arrested for Driving under the Influence of drugs or alcohol, a DUI Lawyer New Kent, VA, can help you learn about your options for defending yourself and the potential consequences for your future record. So do not waste time getting in touch with a DUI Lawyer in New Kent, VA.
There are many reasons for a police officer to pull you over for Driving under the Influence of alcohol or drugs. Check out the reasons here:
- If you are driving too slowly or too quickly, swerving or driving erratically, failing to observe traffic signals or signs, or if any part of your vehicle appears to be defective (such as a headlight, taillight, or mirror), your vehicle registration or inspection has expired, or appears to have expired,
- If you are pulled over, you may be required to take several field sobriety tests, such as walking in a straight line, following a bright light with your eyes, or standing on one leg, if your Driving is too slow or too fast, if you are swerving, driving erratically, or failing to observe traffic signals or signs. Your DUI Lawyer New Kent, VA, will tell you that you can decline to take these sobriety tests at the roadside.
- However, anyone with a Virginia driver’s license who is asked to take a breath test by an officer is required to comply. Regardless of the outcome of any driving under the influence charges connected to the stop, your DUI Lawyer New Kent, VA, will tell you that your license will be automatically suspended for up to a year if you refuse to take the test.
- If a person’s blood alcohol concentration (BAC) is 0.08 percent or higher on a breath test, they are legally intoxicated and subject to arrest and a DUI conviction. DUI Lawyer New Kent, VA, should be consulted because Driving under the Influence is a class 1 misdemeanor under Virginia law. Call a DUI Lawyer New Kent, VA, immediately upon being charged with the offense.
DUI Lawyer New Kent, VA, on the penalties for driving under the Influence
The number of DUI offenses committed, the length of time between offenses and any extenuating circumstances surrounding the case all affect the severity of the penalties. When comprehending the repercussions of a DUI arrest and developing an effective defense strategy, hiring a DUI Lawyer New Kent, VA, who can guide you through the legal process will come in handy.
Among the possible sanctions are:
- For the first-time offense: A fine of up to $250, a one-year license suspension, and the possibility of jail time, depending on the BAC, are all penalties you will have to face, according to the DUI Lawyer New Kent, VA.
- For second-time offenders: Your DUI Lawyer New Kent, VA, will tell you that you will be fined $500, get a three-year license suspension, and the possibility of 20 days to a year in jail are all consequences.
- For the third-time offense: A minimum fine of $1,000, an indefinite driver’s license suspension, and mandatory 90 days to six months in jail, depending on when your previous offenses occurred. Additionally, a third offense is a class 6 felony that carries a max sentence of five years in prison and a max fine of $2,500.
- Therefore, it is pertinent to talk to your DUI Lawyer New Kent, VA to gain complete insight into the penalties.
Is it necessary to hire a DUI Lawyer New Kent, VA?
It is necessary to hire an experienced DUI Lawyer New Kent, VA, as soon as you are charged with Driving under the Influence. Talking to a DUI Lawyer New Kent, VA, at the Law Offices of SRIS, P.C., will give you complete knowledge about the issue. So, save time contacting a DUI Lawyer New Kent, VA. Our DUI Lawyer New Kent, VA, is here to help you in distress.
Our group of accomplished DUI lawyer New Kent VA, is here to offer you first-rate legal advice and assistance if you or someone you know has been accused of a DUI offense. With a track record of success and attention to customer satisfaction, we have faith in our abilities to handle your DUI case professionally and efficiently.
Read on to discover more about our offerings, commonly asked questions, and how we may help you through the complexity of DUI law.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What penalties can I expect in Virginia if I’m found guilty of DUI?
In Virginia, a DUI conviction can result in harsh punishments, including fines, license suspension, required alcohol education programs, probation, and possibly jail time.
A DUI conviction can also have long-lasting effects on your personal and professional life, such as higher insurance costs and problems finding a job in the future.
Can a DUI attorney assist me?
You must hire a New Kent DUI lawyer Virginia to guarantee that your rights are upheld and that you are treated fairly throughout the legal process.
An experienced lawyer can assess the evidence against you, question the reliability of field sobriety tests or breathalyzer results, bargain with prosecutors for lesser charges or punishments, and, if required, represent you in court.
What if a breathalyzer test had been negative for me? Is there still time for me to make a defense?
Failure to pass a breathalyzer test does not constitute an automatic conviction for DUI. Breathalyzer test findings may be contested for several reasons, including faulty instrumentation, incorrect administration, or medical issues that would have compromised the test’s accuracy. An adept DUI lawyer New Kent VA can assess the circumstances surrounding your test and create a defense strategy in accordance with them.
Would my license be suspended if I’m accused of a DUI?
Even before your case is brought to court in Virginia, a DUI charge may result in an administrative license suspension.
Even so, you might be able to contest the suspension and possibly keep your driving privileges with the assistance of a professional DUI attorney.
Will a DUI be permanently reflected on my record?
A DUI conviction in Virginia may have lasting repercussions. It’ll be on your criminal record forever if it isn’t purged.
Your ability to get a job, pay for insurance, and other parts of your life may be impacted if you have a DUI.
Why do I choose the Law Offices of SRIS, P.C.?
We provide an initial consultation to evaluate your case, review your legal alternatives, and help you understand how we can help.
Don’t go through the judicial system yourself if you are accused of DUI in New Kent, Virginia. The experienced legal team at the Law Offices of SRIS, P.C. is here to give you the individualized attention and competent counsel you require.
We will fight tenaciously to uphold your rights and secure a beneficial result for your case thanks to our vast competence, strategic approach, and passion for excellence. To arrange your appointment and begin building a solid defense, get in touch with us right away.