Sexual Solicitation Minor Maryland Sexual Solicitation Minor MD
- Posted by admin
- 0 Comment(s)
The online sexual solicitation of a minor is the engagement or promotion of sexual activity with a minor. Online sexual solicitation of a juvenile is a very common crime and is considered a felony that involves the use of the internet as a means of communication. The online sexual solicitation of a minor involves an adult participating in an online conversation (using social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) with a juvenile and during this conversation, promotes the minor to meet with them or another individual with the intention of engaging in sexual activity. A person charged with online sexual solicitation of a juvenile faces several years of imprisonment and thousands of dollar worth of fines.
The online sexual solicitation of a minor in Maryland is the occurrence of any of the following crimes:
- Exposure of genitals to a juvenile to encouraging of exposure of the juvenile’s genitals.
- Encouraging a juvenile to inappropriately touch another individual’s genitals or encouraging a person to touch the juvenile’s genitals.
- Encourage a child to enter a vehicle or building in older to commit any of previously stated acts.
A person charged with online sexual solicitation of a minor and found guilty in Maryland can be punished with the following:
- If the gap between the individual and the juvenile is at least seven years and the child is under 15 years of age, the defendant may be charged with 5 to 30 years in prison and a fine of up to $2500 may be order
- If the child is between the age of 15 and under the age of 18 can be charged with 1 to 10 years in prison and a fine of up to $2500 may be ordered.
When a person in Maryland is found guilty of online sexual solicitation of a minor, they may be required to register as a sex offender where it will be public knowledge to the entire state what they were accused of. This may effectively damage the person’s reputation, demolish any types of relationships and limit their employability in the future.
If an individual is falsely accused and charged with the online sexual solicitation of a minor, they should hire an attorney immediately in order to prevent any evidence that may support their case from being hidden or destroyed.
To prove an individual’s innocence in a case of online sexual solicitation of a minor, the attorney may argue their client’s innocence on the grounds of:
- The accusing party is attempting to demolish the defendant’s reputation, status, relationships and/or career.
- Defendant can prove that he/she were not online or did not access their accounts at the time the alleged online sexual solicitation of a minor occurred.
- Defendant was under the impression that the juvenile was of legal age or older because the minor lied about their age. The age at which a person is no longer a juvenile in the state of Maryland is 18 years of age.
The discovery and charge of online sexual solicitation of a minor may lead to multiple other sex offense charges such as possession of child pornography and/or indecent exposure of a minor.
If you need a Maryland Online Sexual Solicitation Minor Lawyer to help you with your Online Sexual Solicitation Minor case in Maryland, call us at 888-437-7747. Our Maryland Online Sexual Solicitation Minor Attorneys can help you. Our online sexual solicitation of a minor defense lawyers regularly defend clients in Virginia & Maryland.
We are your online solicitation defense lawyers in Rockville, Maryland and online solicitation defense lawyers in Howard, Maryland and Baltimore, Maryland.