WHY SHOULD YOU HIRE A TRAFFIC LAWYER KING GEORGE VA?
When convicted for a traffic or driving offense, the convict may have to pay fines, face license suspension, and even spend time in jail. We agree that everyone accused will want to avoid these penalties. In that case, contact the Law Offices of SRIS, P.C. the moment you’re charged with driving infringement and violation in Virginia and we can protect your rights.
Types of Traffic Violation in Virginia
It is important to understand the different types of infringement because it will not just prepare you to be extra-careful on-road and but will also help you to face a criminal charge. Never forget to remember, the higher the point value, the more serious the offense, and the more important it becomes to hire an experienced Traffic Lawyer in King George VA.
- Three-Point Traffic Violation in Virginia
This is the least severe category of driving violations. It includes citations such as speeding (1-9mph), improper overtaking of the school bus, racing on the highway, driving without proper signaling, and failing to follow road signals. Though it may be a less severe violation, it is a must connect with an experienced Traffic Lawyer King George VA to avoid complications in the case.
- Four-Point Traffic Violation in Virginia
Traffic Lawyer King George VA explains that a 4-point is slightly severe than a 3-point violation. An individual is convicted with a four-point traffic violation if he is found speeding beyond a limit (10-19mph), speeding at a pedestrian crossing, passing when unsafe, and failing to maintain a safe distance from a vehicle on road.
- Six-Point Traffic Violations in Virginia
A six-point violation is considered to be the severest form of driving violation and the citations include driving while intoxicated, driving while under license suspension, reckless driving that leads to death, and driving a commercial vehicle when under influence. Such violations get added to an individual’s driving record permanently. So, hire a traffic lawyer King George VA to protect the rights.
What happens when Found Guilty of a Driving violation in King George VA?
When charged with a driving violation in King George, the first step that the court takes is to notify the Department of Motor Vehicles. Before it is too late contact, a Traffic Lawyer in King George VA immediately.
The DMV does the following:
- The conviction gets added to the driver’s record;
- Assigns points based on the severity of the offense;
- The license is suspended (this again, is based on the seriousness of the violation) and needs the intervention of traffic lawyer King George VA to repel;
- If the need arises, the DMV will issue an order to have the convict successfully complete a driver improvement course;
- The DMV will notify the accused’s insurance company and the premium will be increased. The traffic lawyer King George VA can reduce or get the charge dropped thereby helping save on the premium cost.
On hiring an experienced Traffic Lawyer King George VA on time, the accused will be able to have half of the penalties reduced.
Penalties Associated with Traffic Violations in King George VA
According to Traffic Lawyer King George VA, there are five most common punishments associated with driving violation:
- Fines: Fines are imposed based on the severity of the law being violated. For reckless driving and speeding between 1-10mph, the fine can be anywhere between $50 and $200. For more severe violations, the accused may have to pay a fine of $500-$1500. If you feel that you have been asked to pay a fine for a charge you haven’t committed, then contact a Traffic Lawyer King George VA immediately.
- Increase in Insurance Premiums: Once the insurance company gets to know about the violation of rules, they instantly increase the insurance premiums by a certain percentage. A careless driving charge could increase the rates by 21% while a serious crime could increase it by 132%. Traffic Lawyer King George VA emphasizes the point that if you fail to be extra careful on road, even your very first violation could increase the premium rates for life.
- Points: Virginia follows a Point system and if you already have accumulated a lot of points in your driving record, then you need to consult an experienced Traffic Lawyer King George VA to guide you and help avoid accumulating more. A minimum of 2 points is allotted to those found guilty of less serious violation crimes, and a more serious crime could earn you up to 8 points.
- Surcharge: Traffic Lawyer King George VA defines surcharge as the additional amount paid when you have accumulated a lot of Points within a small period of time.
The most common question that many clients ask a Traffic or driving Lawyer in King George VA is whether fine and surcharge one and the same. It is important to understand that both are completely different because a fine is paid as a penalty for the crime committed and Surcharge is the additional amount paid when there are too many driving violation charges added to the driving record. Hire Traffic Lawyer King George VA to understand the penalties.
If the driving license is suspended, hire a Traffic Lawyer King George VA at the Law Offices of SRIS, P.C., to help reduce the suspension period or have it revoked completely. Accepting a driving violation charge would just complicate the case for the Traffic Lawyer King George VA, hence, wait for the attorney before giving any statement. Many individuals pay fines for a crime they never committed; you don’t want to be one of them, so, stay calm when dealing with a law enforcement officer and try to connect with a Traffic Lawyer King George VA as early as possible.