Medical Malpractice Lawyer in Virginia
A doctor, can at times, be negligent either by prescribing dangerous drugs or being negligent during a surgery. This negligence, known as medical malpractice, can be viewed as a ground for financial compensation for the person, who stands victimized eventually. But it is well known that a personal injury claim is a laborious process and it is crucial to opt for a tie-up with our attorney at the Law Offices of SRIS, P.C. to achieve the desired results.
The processes involved in a claim for personal injury are legally compound with complicated paperwork. But an attorney dealing with medical malpractice cases is capable of handling any legal complexity. An attorney can assume complete responsibility for processing the sought claim successfully. A victim can get acquainted with the options available only after consulting a Virginia medical malpractice attorney. Additionally, individuals can get an overview of the current status and possible outcomes of the cases when guided by a veteran attorney.
All about medical malpractice
A Virginia medical malpractice attorney describes it as an act that is specifically associated with the field of medicine or health care that subsequently results in injuries or fatalities. The offense referred to in these cases is not likely to observe the negligence of a doctor in all cases. In several cases, it is the hospital management may also be at fault.
Discussed herein are some of the cases that can be legally acknowledged as grounds for compensation for being a victim of medical malpractice:
- A doctor or a lab technician could have misinterpreted or misdiagnosed the actual illness leading to erroneous treatment and medication. A Virginia medical malpractice attorney should validate the carelessness of the lab attendant or doctor during these cases.
- Delaying in diagnosing or treating cauda equina syndrome. Cauda equina syndrome is described as an illness wherein people experience compressions in the roots of their spinal nerves.
- An attorney dealing with medical malpractice cases would have also come across people, who have become victims of dental misdiagnosis and treatment.
- In some cases, a doctor would have prescribed the wrong medicines or drugs that do not suit the physical condition of the patient.
- Incorrectly performed hospital or medical procedures can also result in injuries.
- Errors in the drugs administered to the patient while being admitted for an illness or surgery.
- A patient, who is inadequately monitored by the hospital or a doctor after surgery, is prone to sustain wounds or develop collateral medical complications.
- A Virginia medical malpractice attorney would have also been obliged to provide legal representation for clients, who suffered as a result of being subjected to incorrect doses of anesthesia before or after surgery.
- Negligence by a chiropractor, who is specifically specialized in treating neuromuscular disorders.
- Botch-ups while performing tests in a lab. In these cases, a Virginia medical malpractice attorney will be indebted to accuse the at-fault lab technician of negligence while performing tests.
- Errors in the first-aid or treatment performed by the nurses.
- An attorney dealing with medical malpractice would have also handled cases, wherein victims were affected by medicines that were not combined in the right proportions.
- Surgical blunders. An attorney dealing with medical malpractice is expected to deal with cases wherein individuals become victims of incorrectly performed surgeries. During several circumstances, the doctor would have performed the wrong surgery on a patient as a result of mistaking the latter for another patient.
- A Virginia medical malpractice attorney would have also obtained personal injury claims for individuals, who were stitched with foreign objects internally after undergoing surgeries.
- A person can also be operated at the wrong places.
- Delay or incorrectness in the diagnoses of various diseases like pulmonary embolism, tumors, strokes, and cardiac complications.
- A Virginia medical malpractice attorney can also be indebted to acquire compensations for a patient, who suffered infections due to the poor sanitization of hospital wards.
The role of a Virginia medical malpractice attorney in proving the negligence
After registering a personal injury claim at the court, an attorney dealing with medical malpractice will be required to prove the liability or negligence of the accused medical officer. A doctor can never be easily accused lest numerous conditions are satisfied. The Virginia medical malpractice attorney of the victim will be obligated to meet the burden of proof to accuse a person of negligence. Therefore, an attorney dealing with medical malpractice submits legitimate pieces of evidence to validate the arguments of the plaintiff. The attorney would gather testimonies from eyewitnesses, photographs of the surgeries performed, and hospital records of the victim to validate the allegations placed against the considered health care professional.
Most importantly, a Virginia medical malpractice attorney would be indebted to elaborate on the aspect of ‘causation’ while dealing with injury claims. For proving this attribute of ‘causation’, it is required to claim that the victim went through pain and suffering only because of the reported negligence.
Finally, a Virginia medical malpractice attorney should prove that the injuries sustained by the plaintiff are serious to an extent that the latter lawfully requires financial compensations and injuries suffered. Even an attorney will never be able to bring in compensations for an injury that is easily curable with just a simple first-aid. Thus, the hired attorney is required to elaborate on the damages and pain incurred by the victim.
The upshots of engaging a Virginia medical malpractice attorney
A Virginia medical malpractice attorney well understands the plight of a victim, who suffers injuries as a result of the negligence of a supposedly trusted third party. Therefore, an attorney pays keen attention to the claims placed by each client and acts accordingly. A victim arrives at informed decisions when supported by a knowledgeable Virginia medical malpractice attorney. Therefore, it is only prudent to hire the services of our attorney at the Law Offices of SRIS, P.C. while seeking personal injury claims. Check out with our attorney to know how we can be of help.