IMMIGRATION LAWYER IN COLOMBIA – FULL RANGE LEGAL SERVICE
South American immigration involves several complex procedures. The processes of entry into Colombia witnesses new developments frequently. An immigration lawyer in Colombia can provide effective navigation through all requisite procedures. A mere advocate or a random attorney may not be sufficient to resolve entry issues. An immigration lawyer in Colombia possesses adequate specializations in the field. Several consultants offer legal clarifications and assist in filling out necessary application forms without comprehending all nuances of immigration.
A licensed immigration lawyer in Colombia with licensed practice in the area can offer suitable solutions to resolve your case. Entry into a country is monitored by federal law. Therefore, the jurisdiction under which the attorney is licensed to practice is not important while seeking legal assistance. The aspect of the jurisdiction of practice is not an issue as long as the attorney is licensed to practice in any of the Colombian states. An experienced immigration lawyer in Colombia can resolve issues regarding employment visas, regional transfers, family-related petitions, etc.
Immigration Attorney Colombia
The benefits of hiring an immigration lawyer in Colombia
- An immigration lawyer in Colombia aids the applicant by rendering guidance on the nature of the services that are sought by the latter. Several benefits of entry into a country are accompanied by concealed liabilities. Every person can make informed decisions once when an immigration lawyer in Colombia provides light on the advantages and disadvantages of the entry procedure.
- An immigration lawyer in Colombia carefully examines the case of each client and identifies risks that were left unseen by the latter. In several cases, a person becomes prone to a public charge even without being aware of it. A lawyer in Colombia is capable of addressing these legal issues.
- A skilled immigration lawyer in Colombia can aid in implementing successful plans of action that help reduce or eliminate risks. During several circumstances, individuals are sent home even before the complete assessment of their entry applications. An immigration lawyer in Colombia helps in avoiding these discrepancies by foreseeing all shortcomings.
- Critical decisions and significant settlements can be made only upon making effective use of the legal consultations that are rendered by a lawyer in Colombia. There are various ways with which visas can be obtained for a spouse or fiancé. An immigration lawyer in Colombia assists in employing the best options that eventually produce risk-free and quick results.
- The most crucial aspect of all entry procedures is documentation. A visa application is processed only when all required documents are attached to it. An immigration lawyer in Colombia assists in collecting and presenting all documents in such a way that it would be satisfactory for the appropriate authorities. In some cases, a non-resident child is seen to hold a different birth certificate that should be mandatorily translated for seeking entry visas. An immigration lawyer in Colombia can aid in locating the best translation agencies that render effective services.
- An immigrant is bound to promptly respond to the requests of evidence placed by the deciding authorities. These requests are issued, soon after the commencement of the application processing, to thereby acquire additional necessary details from the applicant. An application can even be rejected when the applicant fails to render timely replies to these requests. An immigration lawyer in Colombia assists in avoiding these delays.
- The most crucial procedure of visa processing is the interview. This interview is the deciding element of visa approval. An immigration lawyer in Colombia trains the applicant to confidently face this interview. A person may become nervous and lose calm during the interview. An immigration lawyer in Colombia can provide proper interpretation on the questions that could be expected in the interview.
The fees charged by an immigration lawyer in Colombia
The rates charged by an immigration lawyer in Colombia follow different patterns. Some of the commonly observed fee structures are listed herein:
- Hourly charges
An immigration lawyer in Colombia can levy hourly charges for their services. It can be from $100 to $700 for each hour of service. Hourly charges are the most common fee structure observed by an immigration attorney in Colombia, who lawfully represents the applicant during an entry law judicial hearing. The presence of an immigration attorney in Colombia is highly necessary for an entry proceeding. Thus, hourly rates are usually charged during these times.
- Flat fees
An immigration lawyer in Colombia charges flat fees when the legal need of the applicant is definite. Flat fee structures are usually recommended once when the need for the immigration lawyer in Colombia is definite and precise. An amount between $2000 and $10000 is charged during these cases.
- Non-refundable charges
In these cases, an immigration lawyer in Colombia expects a non-refundable deposit for the services provided. Additionally, the hired immigration lawyer in Colombia renders zero assurance regarding the outcome of the submitted application. The paid amount will not be refunded even when the application gets rejected.
- Preliminary consultations
These initial consultations are rendered either in-person or through a telephone. An immigration lawyer in Colombia could charge an amount between $50 and $100 for telephonic consultations.
- Costs of non-favorable outcomes
In several cases, the applicant decides to complete visa procedures without hiring an immigration lawyer in Colombia. Since legal assistance is voluntarily rejected during these circumstances, the chances of non-desirable outcomes become higher. Thus, the assistance of an immigration attorney in Colombia is ultimately necessary for obtaining desired entry benefits.
Elements to look out for while hiring an immigration lawyer in Colombia
- Legal malpractice insurance
Not all attorneys are required to carry this insurance mandatorily. But several American jurisdictions have made it mandatory for immigration lawyers to hold these insurances. The attorneys, who carry these insurances, are found to raise their service charges to thereby pay monthly or yearly premiums. This insurance protects all clients in various circumstances, specifically when the attorney commits mistakes and lands with undesirable outcomes.
- Appropriate service charges
It is important to ensure that the charges levied by the attorney are tangible and worthy of the services that are to be availed. It is also essential to read through all the terms presented in the agreement that is signed between the attorney and client. In case of any disputes and discrepancies, later on, it is only this agreement and its terms that prevail.
- False and exaggerated promises
Attorneys, who render exaggerated promises and guaranteed favorable outcomes in all circumstances, are the ones, who should be looked out for. A competent immigration attorney in Colombia only deals with probable results and does not rely on certainties.
When is it appropriate to give up on the assistance of an immigration lawyer in Colombia?
Not all circumstances demand the mandatory assistance of an immigration lawyer. On several occasions, the applicant may just need little or no legal representation. Listed below are some of the cases that require zero legal assistance from attorneys.
- When the application has a thorough knowledge of the English language with good linguistic skills and fluent communication abilities.
- When the legal aspect of the entry procedures is not overwhelming. In several cases, the legal necessities of the entry procedures do not require sophisticated legal knowledge for better apprehensions.
- When the applicant satisfies all criteria that are required for the benefits sought.
- When an individual holds no criminal records.
- When the benefit sought is just an added requisite and not a compulsory requirement.
However, it is always beneficial to consult with an immigration lawyer before commencing the mandatory processes.
What makes an immigration attorney ideal and worthwhile?
The following are some of the factors that make an immigration lawyer in Colombia ideal for legal services.
- The attorney should be a member of the Colombia Immigration Lawyers Association. Membership in this association is a minimum qualification that is mandatory for getting oneself updated with the developments of the immigration law. A lawyer, who does not hold membership, is expected to have a field of practice that is different from immigration.
- The lawyers must levy flat fees for their services. If the attorneys charge minimal amounts, they could be inefficient in understanding the legal attributes of the case. Here the low fee charge is just a cover-up of the inefficiencies of the incompetent lawyer.
- The lawyer should have been acknowledged as a Super Lawyer not less than once.
- The attorney should be a part of various legal associations in South America
- The lawyer must have been a member of any state bar association with clear records of experience and practice.
- Immigration lawyers should possess a good reputation in their regions of practice.
- The attorney must possess specific qualifications to handle entry issues.
- The attorneys should hold long years of exemplary service with satisfied and happy customers.
- The law firm of the attorney must be able to present and disclose references of its past clients.
- The attorneys should have published several competent legal articles in reputed magazines and journals.
- The lawyers must not be burdened with heavy caseloads to ensure their availability whenever necessary.
The attorneys should have had smooth professional relationships with their previous clients.