IMMIGRATION LAWYERS VIRGINIA BEACH – SIMPLIFYING THE IMMIGRATION PROCESS
The immigration law in the US is quite vast and complex. It’s important that Immigration lawyers Virginia Beach learn and understand the key issues associated with migration. In this context, the lawyers at the Law Offices of SRIS, P.C. have a clear understanding of how much power the federal government has over the laws and policies of migration.
With so many individuals migrating every year, it has become crucial that all immigration lawyers in Virginia Beach, understand the essential policies to help resolve the issues for clients who come seeking their help.
Basics of Immigration Law
An immigration lawyer Virginia Beach states that most of the government powers associated with migration laws are enlisted in Article 1 of the Constitution. It explains in detail how the Congress can take action over migration issues. The 3 branches of government are related to migration.
- Congress’s authority through the power of US sovereignty
- The executive branch deals with migrants related to foreign affairs, and
- The Judiciary oversees if the other 2 branches are using their powers properly
The immigration law names individuals as:
- Citizens or Nationals;
- Noncitizens, sometimes also labeled as Aliens;
- Migrants (people who come to a country with the help of an already residing family member or employer);
- Nonmigrants (people who visit the country for a temporary purpose like business or medical treatment);
Immigration lawyers in Virginia Beach emphasize a few things that people traveling to the US or seeking refuge must remember:
- Every non-US citizen must produce 2 documents to avoid deportation – Passport and Visa.
- There are special programs that allow people to receive a visa waiver; you must consult an Immigration lawyer Virginia Beach to help you understand the basics.
- A non-migrant visa is a temporary Visa that holds only for a limited period of time.
- Immigration lawyers in Virginia Beach also explain that Refugees are given shelter only if they successfully prove that they are facing genuine issues in their homeland
Four Common Challenges faced By Immigrants
- Language Barrier
Immigration lawyer in Virginia Beach explains that the US is not a multilingual country, hence a migrant must be fluent in English or at least be able to communicate in English. Basic tasks like buying food, making friends, and even filling out simple forms become a great challenge for new migrants.
- Raising Children in an Unfamiliar Culture
Immigration lawyer in Virginia Beach explains that one of the biggest obstacles faced by foreigners is raising their children in a new environment. Children pick up the language faster than their parents but until then, they will have to try adjusting to the language and cultural differences.
- Securing Work
Immigration lawyer in Virginia Beach state that getting the desired job is another problem faced by foreigners. They may have held higher positions back in their country but may find it difficult to get jobs in the US.
- Arranging a house
Immigration lawyers in Virginia Beach point out that trying to get good and safe housing in the US is again a great challenge faced by foreigners; either they are too expensive or the environment is not conducive. Sometimes foreigners, unfamiliar with the laws in the US, are forced to pay additional fees by landlords.
These and many other issues are faced by foreigners who are not quite aware of the state laws. In such situations, getting connected with an Immigration lawyer in Virginia Beach will prove useful. Here are few other reasons that would require you to consult with an Immigration lawyer Virginia Beach:
- An experienced lawyer in Virginia Beach will help you understand the eligibility to obtain a green card and other benefits.
- A knowledgeable Immigration lawyer Virginia Beach will help you with concerns that involve persuading the authorities.
- Immigration lawyer Virginia Beach can help you resolve deportation issues, in case if you have been notified about one.
- You may also want to consult an Immigration lawyer in Virginia Beach if your application has been denied in the past.
- If you have been convicted of a crime, then trying to enter USA will be challenging. In such case, you can get help from an Immigration lawyer Virginia Beach.
- When you apply for an investment-based visa, having an Immigration lawyer Virginia Beach by your side will prove useful.
The application process can be lengthy and sometimes daunting since you will have to enter a lot of information. Engaging the Law Offices of SRIS, P.C. is advisable since only a highly experienced Immigration lawyer in Virginia Beach will be able to help resolve obstacles faced during the process.