CATASTROPHIC INJURY LAWYER IN VIRGINIA
Statistical Data from the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles states that around 846 deaths occurred due to road accidents in the year 2020; 144 people were injured on the commonwealth roads in the last 1 year. Studies reveal that more than half the accidents were preventable and had occurred mainly because of the driver’s carelessness. If you are involved in a catastrophic injury contact the Law Offices of SRIS, P.C. for positive changes in your life.
Catastrophic Injuries don’t just impact the victim’s health and life but also affect their financial stability as well. It is here that the Virginia Catastrophic Injury Lawyer can help the victims fight their claim to face the trauma as well as the medical expense with confidence.
Types of Catastrophic Injuries
The Virginia Catastrophic Injury Lawyer explains that severe damages to your health or life, requiring extensive treatment, can be considered catastrophic.
Virginia Catastrophic Injury Lawyer states that catastrophic damages usually occur due to one of the following reasons:
- Medical Malpractice;
- Car Crashes;
- Truck, Car or Similar Road Accidents;
- Sports Accidents;
- Construction Accidents.
Here are a few types that can be considered catastrophic:
- Brain Damage: Traumatic brain concussions are of 2 types, open and closed. An open wound leads to an external impact on the skull while a closed wound impacts the brain as well. Such damages are mostly devastating and the impact can last longer based on the severity of the wound.
- Spinal Cord damage: The spinal cord connects the brain to the entire body. Damage to the spinal cord can disrupt the complete functionality; Virginia Catastrophic Injury Lawyer explains that the victim may suffer a partial or total loss of movement and coordination.
- Burn wounds: Burns are classified as 1st, 2nd, and 3rd degree. Serious damage can lead to disfiguration, damage to internal organs, respiratory issues, and sometimes even death. The incident may also leave lasting emotional trauma in the victim’s mind.
Catastrophic Injury Claims
Virginia Catastrophic Injury Lawyer explains that anyone who has suffered a devastating loss due to an accident can always file a wrongful death lawsuit or a personal injury lawsuit against the person responsible for the situation. Virginia Catastrophic Injury Lawyer further explains that the victim has the right to ask for compensation for all financial and emotional loss.
The following types of damages can be considered while making the claims:
- Medical Expenses: You can seek compensation for the medical expense incurred during the treatment with the help of a Virginia Catastrophic Injury Lawyer. It is important to retain a lawyer to help you estimate the total cost associated with the specific treatment.
- Loss of Wage or salary: Accidents usually come with severe ramifications, the most common one being the loss of wages. The assistance of a Virginia Catastrophic Injury Lawyer at this stage is inevitable. Physical damages usually prevent a person from carrying out his daily chores independently; in such a situation, going to work is nearly impossible. A reliable Virginia Catastrophic Injury Lawyer will help you determine the possible wage amount that you might lose and file for compensation accordingly.
- Loss of Consortium: If one of the couples loses their spouse, they can pursue damages for the loss which come as part of the matrimony, like comfort, safety, companionship, etc. with the help of the Virginia Catastrophic Injury Lawyer.
- Emotional Suffering: You can also pursue compensation for emotional pain and suffering too with the guidance of Virginia Catastrophic Injury Lawyer. Severe accidents can leave a victim feeling devastated for a longer period of time. Your lawyer will help you pursue compensation and fight for the best of your interests.
Why should You Choose a Virginia Catastrophic Injury Lawyer?
A Virginia Catastrophic Injury Lawyer plays a crucial role in your case by helping you recover and handle all legal aspects of your case.
Here are a few important reasons why you must consider retaining a Virginia Catastrophic Injury Lawyer:
1. Negotiate with Insurance Companies
When you are involved in a car crash, the very first thing your automotive insurance company would do is to convince you into accepting the lowest settlement amount possible. If you have a Virginia Catastrophic Injury Lawyer by your side, you can avoid getting cheated by such agencies. Your lawyer will negotiate on your behalf and try to get the maximum compensation possible.
2. They Know the Statute of Limitations & Notice Period
After the occurrence of a road accident, you will have to file and settle your accident claim within a given timeframe which is determined by the Statute of Limitations.
Failing to claim within this time period will not only minimize your chances of receiving compensation for intangible losses but will also deprive you of the usual reimbursements that victims receive after an accident.
Virginia Catastrophic Injury Lawyers are well aware of such notice periods and deadlines and hence, would stay up-to-date so that you don’t miss out on the compensations.
3. Prove the Complexity in your case
Most of the time, when you file a case against the person responsible for the accident, the defendant will try to prove himself innocent and hold you equally responsible for the act. Hiring a Virginia Catastrophic Injury Lawyer is crucial because, during times as these, they will personally investigate the matter and collect important evidence that would prove you innocent.
4. Full Value for Compensation
When you fail to present crucial evidence, there are chances that the court would hold both the parties equally responsible for the accident (even though you may have experienced greater loss on your end). If you hire an experienced Virginia Catastrophic Injury Lawyer, they will know how to protect your rights and strive until you receive complete compensation for the loss.
Virginia Catastrophic Injury Lawyer explains that the negligence of someone else must never make you pay the price. Hence, hire a Virginia Catastrophic Injury Lawyer as soon as you can and have them deal with the complexity in your case.
Road accident cases must be dealt with both empathy as well as intelligence. The Virginia Catastrophic Injury Lawyer that you choose must have a perfect combination of intelligence and morality. Choose the Law Offices of SRIS, P.C. to help preserve and protect your rights.