TOP GROUNDS TO FIND A WORKERS COMPENSATION LAWYER IN COLOMBIA
These days Colombia has turned into a preferred destination for new investment, thus necessitating the requirement for proper enforcement of labor laws. In today’s increasingly capitalistic economy, there are a number of jobs in Colombia. It is a fact that not everyone can be involved in a business. The experienced workers’ lawyer in Colombia opines that the vast majority of residents are thus employed in some job or the other. Workers in Colombia enter the workplace to work for the growth of the company. The workers thus end up slogging for increase in profits in which they have no share. The attractive feature in workers compensation law in Colombia is that the employer has the duty under law to provide the workers with regular monthly pay, overtime hourly compensation, restrict the employee’s work to the hours specified by the compensation law and other such benefits. This monthly pay and over time compensation motivates the workers to continue to work for the growth and development of the employer, assert labor compensation lawyer in Colombia.
Let us imagine a situation where workers who works for an employer are not paid the wages they deserve. Your workers compensation lawyer in Colombia will tell you that this is where the ugly part of capitalism begins. In most cases, the employer in this situation tries to escape his lawful duty to pay the minimum wages required under law, say lawyers in Colombia. This attitude of employers is strictly prohibited under law.
Regardless of the nature of work and the strain involved, workers keep slogging for the welfare of the employer. Some employers in Colombia tend to be extremely capitalistic focusing only on their gain rudely disregarding the dedicated and consistent efforts of their employees. The workers compensation law in Colombia makes it clear as to how an employer has to compensate the workers. If you are not paid your wages promptly, speak to an efficient workers lawyer in Colombia to understand your rights.
Duty Of The Employer
Your workers’ compensation lawyer in Colombia will apprise that new business should never involve in tactics of exploiting employees to reduce their expenditure incurred and increase maximum profit. Employers in Colombia have the following obligations:
- The skilled compensation lawyer in Colombia will guide you that you are required to work for only 8 hours every day, and in a week you can work up to 48 hours. The daily work hours can be discretionally split with the limit of 48 hours per week.
- Workers should not be allowed to work continuously without breaks. The employers in Colombia should permit reasonable break in between the work time.
- Your compensation lawyer in Colombia will notify that the break time is not part of the work time.
- Are you someone who has been working overtime in Colombia? Then you should ask your compensation lawyer in Colombia about what are the privileges the law affords to workers slogging over and beyond the daily work hours.
Details Pertaining To Overtime Payments
If you are someone planning to begin your new business in Colombia, you should take the support of lawyers who know the labor laws. You should speak to the compensation lawyer in Colombia about your duty to pay for overtime labor. These days employees are aware of their rights in most cases.
- The laws and practices in Colombia indicate that when an employee is engaged in overtime work, he is entitled to extra compensation in addition to his usual wages. Such extra payment is twenty-five percent more than the regular hourly compensation receives.
- Your workers’ compensation lawyer in Colombia will elucidate that nighttime work is required to be fairly compensated. In Colombia if an employee worked at night, that is between 9:00 at night to 6:00 in the morning, then he/she is eligible to receive overtime compensation of 35 percent above the usual compensation, say lawyers.
- It is important to know that working on Sundays and other general holidays makes you eligible to receive overtime payments of 75 percent above the usual wage payments.
- You need to check with your compensation lawyer about the workers not eligible for overtime compensation. If workers receive integral salary under an agreement, then he/she is not entitled for overtime compensation, say lawyers. The workers receiving integral salary are earning assured income which is 10 times higher than the minimum wage. Employees involved in positions of trust are exempted from the requirement of being paid with overtime salary, assert lawyers in Colombia.
Employers are generally better placed than workers in society. They have the right contacts and should do everything to ensure that workers are provided with comfortable working conditions. If you are an employer with big dreams, make sure you take guidance from lawyers familiar with labor laws. The support of workers’ compensation lawyer in Colombia proves crucial in ensuring compliance. For all claims arising out of compensation, you can take the guidance of our lawyers at The Law Offices Of SRIS, P.C. Our compensation lawyers will provide you with the solutions that are most suitable to the facts of your case. Contact our lawyers in Colombia immediately!!
Fightng For Wage Rights
The prime motive of a capitalisitc employer is to pay lesser wages than you deserve, say workers’ compensation lawyer in Colombia. The workers compensation lawyer in Colombia will adopt different strategies to fight for your minimum wage rights. In Colombia, the government fixes and declares different wage rates for every year, say compensation lawyer.
As an employer, you will be eager to know from lawyers as to what is the chief determinant of wages. The consumer price index is the chief determinant for deciding the wage rate, say compensation lawyers. When the consumer price index varies, the wage rate also inevitably changes. For the year 2021, the government has fixed the minimum wage to be $262.70 per month.
There are two different types of salary, the ordinary salary and the integral salary, say lawyers. The chief difference between ordinary and integral salary is that for ordinary salary the salary payment and other contributions are made in separate payments. For integral salary, the additional benefits are paid together with the monthly salary of the workers. Know from your workers’ compensation lawyer in Colombia that the agreement between the employer and workers decides the type of salary the workers earn.
If you eagerly want to know what benefits workers receive as additional benefits, contact the workers’ compensation lawyers in Colombia. Some of the additional benefits received by employees include health care benefits, pension payments, etc. Another important benefit is the payment of severance pay on termination of employment. This severance pay refers to the payment of 30-day wage payment for every year that the workers have worked for the company with an interest of 12 percent. The severance pay is calculated in proportion to the number of years the employee has worked, say compensation lawyers.
Employees in Colombia are entitled to payment of bonus. Such bonus is paid twice each year, during June and December, say lawyers. The bonus payment in June can be made before the last date of the month and the bonus payment in December can be made before the 20th day of the month. Probably this is in practice to allow employees to spend during special occasions such as Christmas.
Another aspect of compensation law, workers should be aware of is that he/she is entitled to 15 days of paid leave. If the working conditions require wearing a uniform, the same has to be supplied by the employer. Your workers’ compensation lawyer will apprise that workers earning less than twice the minimum wage are provided with uniforms. Such uniforms are provided thrice during the year in April, August, and December.
Your employer is obligated to provide transportation allowance for your travel to and from based on certain conditions. Also, workers compensation lawyer in Colombia emphasizes on the rights of pregnant women and adopting mothers to take maternity leave benefits. Working mothers in Colombia are entitled to leave for 18 weeks of paid leave, say lawyers. In practice, mothers usually divide this leave as before and after delivery. In order to spend more time with the newborn, new mothers take more days off after the delivery. Similarly, if the family has a newborn, male workers can take up to 8 days of paid leave.
Be informed by lawyers that if you are sick you can take leave from work. If you take leave for 2 days, it is considered sick leave. If your illness persists, then you can proceed to get the authorization of the Colombian social security about the sickness you are suffering. If your sickness is approved as authentic by the concerned authorities, the social security system compensates you monetarily for the period of sickness.
If you are planning to commence your new business in Colombia, you need to make sure you are complying with all the local laws. Our lawyers will provide you accurate information about the legal requirements of commencing business and the labor laws in Colombia you should follow.